2012 rxt x 260 is ? on slow speed mode

i have not been able to put my ski in the water yet due to cold temps but what is the differance between slow speed mode and cruise mode activation at idle seed? both seem to only get to 6-7 mph

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    You use the same button to activate both. At idle, in neutral, push the button until you hear a beep. Then use the up/down arrows on the right to adjust speed. The most you'll get is about 5-7 mph, which is pretty good.

While running at speed, (above 25) push the button until you hear a beep (or see the light in the dash). Now wrap your hands around the right bar and pull the throttle all the way in. You still have to hold the throttle, but what makes it easier is that you can just wrap your entire hand around the bar, essentially resting it instead of trying to hold the throttle at a certain position.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    You use the same button to activate both. At idle, in neutral, push the button until you hear a beep. Then use the up/down arrows on the right to adjust speed. The most you'll get is about 5-7 mph, which is pretty good.

While running at speed, (above 25) push the button until you hear a beep (or see the light in the dash). Now wrap your hands around the right bar and pull the throttle all the way in. You still have to hold the throttle, but what makes it easier is that you can just wrap your entire hand around the bar, essentially resting it instead of trying to hold the throttle at a certain position.
    thanks for your help,i think we r talking about different things,i understand cruise control but my operators guide has slow speed which starts out in neutral and cruise mode activation at idle speed it also says it will only go approx 6mph. i may have to ride the ski to understand all the functions

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    With all our manatee/slow speed zones, I use Slow Mode all the time. I can make good headway in that situation and just rest my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1968 View Post
    thanks for your help,i think we r talking about different things,i understand cruise control but my operators guide has slow speed which starts out in neutral and cruise mode activation at idle speed it also says it will only go approx 6mph. i may have to ride the ski to understand all the functions
    i got it now,idle speed is considered up 6mph...

Thread Information