Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 rxp-x mods how to eliminate stock rev limiter

I recently broke my rxp in. I am at 68 mph and 7980 rpm. I am debating getting the gps limit eliminator from riva but from what I understand the stock Seadoo ecu limits rpm to 8000. If I'm already close to this I don't think the gps riva product will do much since I'm already at 7980 rpm.

Any ideas guys??

+1

5 hours it then opens up, but ski is not broken in until 10 hours.
    VTECH so far is the way to go. Depends what your plans are.

Build you a stage 1 ski, its relatively cheap and you can get up to about 75mph. Its nice because you can then decide from there if the speed and sound is what you want based on your needs and riding conditions.

-Get the V-tech tuning for a stage 1 ski (show above by Vman!)
    -Air intake (do one yourself or grab a kit from the store. Don't forget a catch can kit as well!)
    -Exhaust (free flow, thru-hull or just a rear exhaust kit)
    -Solas impeller (I'm not sure on the pitch for these skis but 15/22r is probably the way to go. Just ask around or wait until somebody that has one in their ski posts)
    -Intake grate

I plan on getting my rxp next month and during the winter, this will be my build to hold me over although it won't take long to do.

The nice thing about these upgrades is they are all fairly easy to do and don't void the warranty because you aren't messing with the engine. Your dealership might have an issue with the V-tech, but that's if they are real sticklers about that kind of thing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackops View Post
    Build you a stage 1 ski, its relatively cheap and you can get up to about 75mph. Its nice because you can then decide from there if the speed and sound is what you want based on your needs and riding conditions.

-Get the V-tech tuning for a stage 1 ski (show above by Vman!)
    -Air intake (do one yourself or grab a kit from the store. Don't forget a catch can kit as well!)
    -Exhaust (free flow, thru-hull or just a rear exhaust kit)
    -Solas impeller (I'm not sure on the pitch for these skis but 15/22r is probably the way to go. Just ask around or wait until somebody that has one in their ski posts)
    -Intake grate

I plan on getting my rxp next month and during the winter, this will be my build to hold me over although it won't take long to do.

The nice thing about these upgrades is they are all fairly easy to do and don't void the warranty because you aren't messing with the engine. Your dealership might have an issue with the V-tech, but that's if they are real sticklers about that kind of thing.
    I agree with just about everything except get a 15/20r and then a V-tech flash for 8300 rpm.

My digital tach reads 8060 at WFO...

I have a tough time swallowing the $400 something bucks for the RIVA intake, it might cost $100 in parts if you can peice it together.

My first ski, so I'm not really up on working on it like I am a wheeler or sled, some concpet really, but a lot of foreign parts that I don't want to screw with unless I get more familair with.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I agree with just about everything except get a 15/20r and then a V-tech flash for 8300 rpm.
    Yeah I wasn't sure about the pitch and what people found to work. Thanks.

My question is do you have to break the ski in or say I buy the ski over the winter & begin doing all the stage 1 work to it without it being broke in. I am thinking about buying one of these new 2012 rxp-x's. They sure are sexy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinde91 View Post
    I buy the ski over the winter & begin doing all the stage 1 work to it without it being broke in. I am thinking about buying one of these new 2012 rxp-x's. They sure are sexy.
    Thats what I did.
    I had all of my mods done with 0 hrs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information