Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    mikelytle1077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    frisco, tx
    Posts
    955
    +1
    37

    07 rxp carbon ring

    my rxp carbon seal and hat is slightly canted right, if i loosen all three top motor mount bolts can i shift the engine a bit needs maybe an 1\8 inch. you think they would have got it right at the factory, i slight cav because of this my rxp has 31hrs on it ?


  2. #2
    mac_man_luke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,262
    +1
    22
    really need alignment tool to get it right

  3. #3
    mikelytle1077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    frisco, tx
    Posts
    955
    +1
    37
    just wondering if the top bolts in each mount will give me any play its not off by much

  4. #4
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,378
    +1
    981
    Yes....enough to screw up the alignment or set it.

  5. #5
    oz_speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    371
    +1
    1
    Alignment on my 2007RXP was out when I checked it over winter with tool, but my problem was with the pump shoe mounting. I had to fit a new pump shoe and shim, I have suffered on the 2007RXP for two years with poor holeshot etc but after lining up the shoe it is now 1000% better. Pig of a job to do also

  6. #6
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    really need alignment tool to get it right
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Yes....enough to screw up the alignment or set it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_speed View Post
    Alignment on my 2007RXP was out when I checked it over winter with tool, but my problem was with the pump shoe mounting. I had to fit a new pump shoe and shim, I have suffered on the 2007RXP for two years with poor holeshot etc but after lining up the shoe it is now 1000% better. Pig of a job to do also
    +1....

  7. #7
    mikelytle1077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    frisco, tx
    Posts
    955
    +1
    37
    yeah i think the pump shoe is to blame, if i remember right when i put my engine back in my gtx there wasnt any side to side adjustment on the top of the mounts. im definatly not jacking with the pump shoe, are there any other options ? it just pisses me off they wouldnt have lined it up right at the factory

  8. #8
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    yeah i think the pump shoe is to blame, if i remember right when i put my engine back in my gtx there wasnt any side to side adjustment on the top of the mounts. im definatly not jacking with the pump shoe, are there any other options ? it just pisses me off they wouldnt have lined it up right at the factory
    I know what your saying as i just replaced my pump shoe last month as mine was way off......

  9. #9
    mikelytle1077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    frisco, tx
    Posts
    955
    +1
    37
    i guess i will try some orings on the boot and just put up with a little cav this season, if it lasts the whole season lol.

  10. #10
    tick.. tick.. RXPteamtimebomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    726
    +1
    13
    Isn't the carbon seal and hat always slightly off? Motor aligned or not? Isn't that the point of that type of seal? I'm just asking because I'd like to know as well. Mine has always been very slightly off and never any problems

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rxp carbon ring c-clip
    By mike9812121298 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-17-2016, 08:23 AM
  2. Need help with 04 rxp carbon ring
    By jcameronrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 08:39 PM
  3. what's part number for 07 Rxp wear ring
    By mloureirojr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 08:39 PM
  4. RXP Carbon Ring replacement ?s
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 02:46 PM
  5. Carbon ring replacement RXP
    By The Bandit in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 08:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •