+1

pro taper handlebars?

i have seen a few pics of skis on here running pro taper handle bars,,my question is do they make some that would be 1 to 2 inches taller than stock but yet still be the same OD so i can retain the oem grips?thanks jeff

+1
    Jeff
    FYI OEM grips will fit on either regular or fat bar style bars

They make adapters to clamp the fat bars on to the oem mounting plate.
    Last edited by OsideBill; 01-13-2007 at 11:08 PM.

+1
    If you buy the Pro Taper universal adapters they actually sit in the lower OEM "saddle" so it will raise the bars. I just bought the fat bars this week for my ski and got them in the CR Mid bend and love them. I did not want my bars higher so I had a friend that works at a machine shop machine them so the adapters would bolt directly to the flat plate.

+1
    Jeff,
    will your stock trim and handle bar grips fit on the fat bars without modification?
    i saw the universal mounts,, they look great and are now available in black,,i love the fat bars also but dont want new grips the OEM feel the best to me.jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    If you buy the Pro Taper universal adapters they actually sit in the lower OEM "saddle" so it will raise the bars. I just bought the fat bars this week for my ski and got them in the CR Mid bend and love them. I did not want my bars higher so I had a friend that works at a machine shop machine them so the adapters would bolt directly to the flat plate.

+1
    I dont have a set to try on them. I am fixing to post pics of my project ski as we speak so be watching. I am using the R&D auto drop so I dont know about the trim wither. If you look on Hydrotoys page Abbott has a step by step on installing bars and he used the stock trim mechanism.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    i have seen a few pics of skis on here running pro taper handle bars,,my question is do they make some that would be 1 to 2 inches taller than stock but yet still be the same OD so i can retain the oem grips?thanks jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    Yes, the Pro Taper handlebars will accept the stock grips and trim system. As far as raising the height, it can be done a couple of ways. The adaptors that are needed for the 1 1/8" part of the bar will raise it some all on it's own. Personally, I think the cleanest way to do it would be to order some of the Rox Risers. It would allow you to pivot the bars, as well as allowing you to use the stock mounting clamps, because they make the risers with 7/8" mounting stems, and 1 1/8" mounts for the bars, all in one piece, again, with the ability to pivot your bars.

When retaining the stock trim, it helps to get the widest bar available, as you will need the length before the bar tapers to get the trim system all the way on. A good way to make it real easy is to extend the bars some.

Here are some pics of mine using the Pro Tapers and some Tusk Universal adaptors. My next project will defineately have the Rox risers though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPRmods 012.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	15139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat&Bars4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	15140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat&Bars5.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	15141  

Thread Information