Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Just picked up my new VX18S traded seadoo

hi all,

new to the Yamaha greenhulk posts, been a seadoo man all my life, just sold my GTX155 4tec and picked up a VXS

thaught id introduce myself.

after reading all the posts about this machine, all seemed very positive, im taking it out saturday so i will let everyone know how i go.

comparing this ski against most supercharged seadoos, as Yamaha claim, is it really just as quick? or quicker? whats everyones experiences when having a little fun against the seadoo's ?

ill post some pics up this weekend.

I love my VXR, It dose 68-70 stock. You will in joy it. One thing put it in reverse and see if water comes in from the bilge pipe, coulpe of us had to put a check valve in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlat46 View Post
    comparing this ski against most supercharged seadoos, as Yamaha claim, is it really just as quick? or quicker?

Banned User
    +1
    It's like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    It's like that!!
    The Truth! She's a fast little girl with an attitude to boot!

+1
    OP asked about quickness. Try a few races from a dig. I believe a stock RXP-X is rated at 2.9sec 0-50mph. If my memory is correct the old RXP 215 was rated at a 5.0sec 0-60mph, but I do not have any graphs to back this up. Here are Green Hulk's VXR acceleration graphs.

Banned User
    +1
    It's the zero to about 20mph-holeshot, if you will, that the boosted boats will excel. After that, it's clearly a moot point, and both boats are equal.
    The facts are, the VXR is a fun little boat to ride, sips gas like fine wine, and is extremely reliable. it doesn't try to be anything else. It's not for the really rough stuff. But, there are probably close a half-dozen "ride" reports, and various comparisons. Just do a search of Yamaha VXR, and you can spend an entire evening reading what others have to say about it, and compare it to other boats. I think we beat this to death last year-the VXR is a great boat-and no one will doubt that.
    Go out and ride the hell out of that thing, and have some fun.
    don't split hairs about 1 or 2 mph, or one or two seconds-who cares. That's all just "forum fodder", and in the end, it really doesn't matter-you own a VXR/S.

+1
    It's the zero to about 20mph-holeshot, if you will, that the boosted boats will excel. After that, it's clearly a moot point, and both boats are equal.
    I know the OP said SeaDoo, but just for comparisons sake since you generalized with "boosted boats". From Green Hulk's build thread, and anyone can look these numbers up:

FZR (stock) 30-60mph = 3.36 seconds
    VXR (stock) 30-60mph = 4.52 seconds
    VXR (Riva Powerfilter, Intake manifold upgrade, Riva waterbox & rear exhaust) 30-60mph = 3.65 seconds

Your statement in bold is simply not true.

Banned User
    +1
    Again, you're splitting hairs. My video says it all. Those that want to gloat over seconds and tenths of seconds, need to go out and just ride, and forget about posting stuff on the internet.
    I'm done-to the OP, enjoy you new VXS and just have fun!!!

+1
    Again, you're splitting hairs. My video says it all.
    Being 6mph and 2 ski lengths ahead of the VXR by the time the FZR hits 60mph (again, stock vs stock) is not splitting hairs IMO. Not calling you a liar, but 1 video does not determine fact for all boosted skis. You are also comparing a ski with multiple mods to a ski with a free flow exhaust. Apples to oranges at that point.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information