Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which prop

Which prop

2008 gp1300r has the jetworks mod, Ff exhaust and d plate. Ride plate intake grate trim tabs. All I'm getting right now is prop spin. What would b the best prop looking to order one today and I'm thinking the 14/20 dyna fly

+1
    I think you just have a worn out prop and maybe some pump damage. Check your prop clearance and look for a damage on the pump veins. Also is your pump shoe sealed up? I think a 14/20 might be a little to much unless you have some more mods.

This will help you out.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147430

+1
    The 14/20 solas dyna is made for that ski with a few bolt on performance mods and a stock engine...but the issue of "prop spin" could be the issues mentioned in the previous poster's comments... get a high powered flashlight and look from through the nozzle...post pics of pump area so members can analyze....G/L

So I could use a 14/20? I'm more into wave jumping then top speed I like to go flat out some times. I don't want to sacrifice anything I gained from the jetworks but I don't want to loose much uptop

Quote Originally Posted by 0rdcbra1 View Post
    So I could use a 14/20? I'm more into wave jumping then top speed I like to go flat out some times. I don't want to sacrifice anything I gained from the jetworks but I don't want to loose much uptop
    NO...
    although most 14\20`s out of the box are not 14\20`s and closer to 13\19`s. A trued 14\20 will work in the cold air/cold water in some cases and as soon as the temps come up you will kill rpm...
    Since you specifically mention wave jumping my suggestion is to try the Skat 13\19 from CARL or IMPROS. This impeller has killer hook up and still maintains decent speed, the best part is it grabs and goes...
    But as Almost suggested, look over your ski for other issues/damage.
    The stock impeller is a great compromise, the skat more playfull, close water, a Solas, more top speed and more of an open water prop...
    I have tested all these on my ski and have evaluated as such...
    there is plenty of reading out there to compare... and many different scenario`s with different combinations... You`ll just have to test and see what works best for you for your riding conditions and style... good luck

just recently my skat was pitched to 13\20, and the owner reports, good holeshot and top end...

Ok I'll look over my pump but my ski only has 25 hours on it bought a left over 08 last year. It didn't cabotage before the jetworks mod put it on now it does that's why I was thinking a new prop. I'll look over everything when I get the prop.

Looking on impro website the skat trac has a 13/20 pitch option I might just opt for that

+1
    Just double check to see if that is the problem. A new prop is not going to fix your problem if you wear ring and pump veins are chewed up. You might have beached it and sucked some rocks up or anything for that matter just ridding around.

I'm going to look over everything anyways but I still want to do a prop no matter what. Im gonna get the skat trac 13/20 from impros seems to me will b a good all around prop especially mixed with my jetworks d plate and ff

Quote Originally Posted by 0rdcbra1 View Post
    Looking on impro website the skat trac has a 13/20 pitch option I might just opt for that
    you might not spin a 20 in the heat. you should try the 19 first then repitch accordingly.
    I had a R1 reflash that helped in turning that prop...

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    The root angles are different from Skat to Solas to Stock... they will all perform differently, there is no magic number for any ski, just tried and true testament from the people who have taken the time, BUT this is still only a starting point for YOUR ski... you will need to test just like the rest, or just be satisfied with what ya get out of the box and call it a day... some are lucky, some are not...
    Climate/water temps/alt, rider weight etc etc etc, hull mods etc etc all play a part...
    I doubt you are washing a stock prop just bc of the holeshot mod...
    is the shoe sealed? is there any foam bits sticking out of the ride plate???

in any case, an aftermarket grate for better hook up is recommended with any prop choice...
    under 70mph> Worx hands down, over 70 mph > one of the others... of course testing and correct installed is also important here...

just to many guess`s without knowing and the ski not in front of the people on the forum...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information