Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield/Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,809

    Results of 1st EMS/GTX run last week...

    Had the chance to take the GTX out last Saturday and here were the results of the maiden voyage at Lake Anna Virginial....

    1. 74.4 @ 8300 (This was all I could get)
    2. Out of the box Solas 15/20 w/81mm ring
    3. A/F @ WOT 13.4
    4. It's set up to run 8900 right now so there is some prop work and mapping that needs to be done. I recieved my 15/19 3 blade on Tuesday so gonna give that a try next.
    5. Had deto on #2 @ WOT (8300)
    6. Had some knocking but it went away after I swapped out the CMPS with another 4 tech
    7. Temps were mid 70's that day and choppy as HE**
    8. Now the fun begins


  2. #2
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Either way overpropped or something is wrong.

  3. #3
    Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield/Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    Either way overpropped or something is wrong.
    No way it is overpropped. It has to do with the mapping and the prop needs a bend...Running at 13.4 I am losing serious performance right there. I was actually running 76 prior to EMS.....
    Last edited by Red Devil; 01-14-2007 at 12:45 AM.

  4. #4
    JD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,186
    +1
    90
    did you get a chance to check the boost gauge at 8300R's? Maybe something didnt go back together like it should????????? back step and check over everything you took apart since the EMS????

  5. #5
    Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield/Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    did you get a chance to check the boost gauge at 8300R's? Maybe something didnt go back together like it should????????? back step and check over everything you took apart since the EMS????
    Have not checked the boost again yet. And yep, I rechecked my steps at least 3 different times now... I really think it is in the fuel mixture after all of the talking I've done with you guys. (and the prop) The weather has sucked lately and now I am working on getting Scott (Lvnspeed) his motor down to Alabama so I am falling behind again. He wants to have his GPR project ready by Jet Draggin.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Had the chance to take the GTX out last Saturday and here were the results of the maiden voyage at Lake Anna Virginial....

    1. 74.4 @ 8300 (This was all I could get)
    2. Out of the box Solas 15/20 w/81mm ring
    3. A/F @ WOT 13.4
    4. It's set up to run 8900 right now so there is some prop work and mapping that needs to be done. I recieved my 15/19 3 blade on Tuesday so gonna give that a try next.
    5. Had deto on #2 @ WOT (8300)
    6. Had some knocking but it went away after I swapped out the CMPS with another 4 tech
    7. Temps were mid 70's that day and choppy as HE**
    8. Now the fun begins
    change the ring to a 84 because the GTX heavy boat the ring 81 no good with the EMS

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Jay, once we add some fuel to your map the deto light will go away. Target AFR is 11.7 - 12.2

  8. #8
    Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield/Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by JCM View Post
    change the ring to a 84 because the GTX heavy boat the ring 81 no good with the EMS
    Thanks, I was going in the wrong direction with the rings...Guess I'll run that 15/20 again once I richin the motor up a bit before I do the 3 blade...For some reason I have always had great luck with the 4 blades when looking to top end.

  9. #9
    Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield/Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Jay, once we add some fuel to your map the deto light will go away. Target AFR is 11.7 - 12.2
    Man, this thing is really gonna wake up when we get it there....

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Yes it will

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Video of us on the lake last week!
    By steve76s in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 06:30 PM
  2. 97 SeaDoo GTX runs out of water but no power & max rpm @ 3200 in water
    By Irish Democrat in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 09:00 AM
  3. DISREGARD - GTX Running Crappy - Photo of Plugs Attached....
    By BartenderSmalley in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
  4. Last of 04 EMS GTX Stuff
    By Red Devil in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
  5. Results of GTX rebuild by Nils
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •