Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just picked up a sl 750

i just picked up a sl 750 jet ski as a project and i have a project slt750
    now my question is witch would be the better ski to build the slt needs a new top
    end and crank! and the sl needs jet pump and top end! if these were your ski would you
    build the sl or slt witch one has a better hull or should i just build both??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sltx1050 View Post
    i just picked up a sl 750 jet ski as a project and i have a project slt750
    now my question is witch would be the better ski to build the slt needs a new top
    end and crank! and the sl needs jet pump and top end! if these were your ski would you
    build the sl or slt witch one has a better hull or should i just build both??
    I would go with the SLT and get a 780 top end with it.....

+1
    i have a mint, 750 short block engine here, just over the WI border, if you want. 750.00 + s&h or come & get

here is a pic;

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...rtblock750.jpg

could also supply a complete 780 top end.

cyls, bored to match new pistons, gaskets, heads, exh man etc. you would need to rejet your carbs to 780 specs.

i am sure you know, the SL is a 2-seater, and will be more nimble. the SLT is a 3- seater, and will have a dryer, more stable ride. depends on your goals. think of the SL like a camaro, and the SLT like a suburban. you can also legally tow a skier, or tube behind the SLT.

you may like to have one of each....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    think of the SL like a camaro, and the SLT like a suburban.
    I think I am offended by that comparison!

ya i was thinking about keeping all three skis but that might be a little to much for me to handle in one summer i still need to put my sltx back togeather! the sl is a basket case and the slt is in great condition except the motor! im kinda thinking of just parting out the sl and use aot of the parts on my slt and sltx! how hard would it be to swap the trim from the sl to my sltx? i could use the crank and one of the pistons from the sl and put it in my slt to make that project alot cheaper and would get it done alot sooner

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sltx1050 View Post
    ya i was thinking about keeping all three skis but that might be a little to much for me to handle in one summer i still need to put my sltx back togeather! the sl is a basket case and the slt is in great condition except the motor! im kinda thinking of just parting out the sl and use aot of the parts on my slt and sltx! how hard would it be to swap the trim from the sl to my sltx? i could use the crank and one of the pistons from the sl and put it in my slt to make that project alot cheaper and would get it done alot sooner
    Sounds like you already have a plan figured out..... The trim is not that difficult to convert onto the SLT(X). Requires cutting some holes, swapping out the pump nozzles and kill switches, and some creative rod fab, but not that difficult. Not sure of your MFD configuration, but would need to swap those as well to get trim indicator on the MFD if the X doesn't have it......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    I think I am offended by that comparison!
    I was kinda wanting an SLT for my lower back, Im not sure if Im ready for a suburban

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I would suggest a ski based upon your normal riding conditions. If you ride water like glass and normally ride 1 up, go with the SL.

If you normally ride in choppy water and/or ride 3people, then go with the SLT.

In my honest opinion, the SLT 750 isn't that cumbersome. I'll get her to do fishatils and 360's all day long.

Swapping trim isn't hard like BFC suggested.

+1
    I can swing my '94 SLT around and cut hard doing 360's as well. You can play on them pretty well and they cruise nice if that's all you want to do.

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    I would suggest a ski based upon your normal riding conditions. If you ride water like glass and normally ride 1 up, go with the SL If you normally ride in choppy water and/or ride 3people, then go with the SLT.
    In my honest opinion, the SLT 750 isn't that cumbersome. I'll get her to do fishatils and 360's all day long.
    Swapping trim isn't hard like BFC suggested.

well i am going to be riding alot on the fox river were its pretty much smooth water, except when there alot of boat traffic and alot of the time we go up to the chain o lakes and theres lot of traffic up there, and i ride up north on the tomahawk lakes depending the day and witch lake we go out on its pretty choppy! im kinda thinking now i wanna keep the sl for sporting around and keep the slt-x three seater for choppy condition but the slt in such good condition i might just have to fix all of them ill just have to take my time! how hard would it be to put reverse on the sl?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information