Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Insurance

Auto Insurance

I`ve been getting ton`s of add mail for one insurance company or another. I have been with the same insurer for about 20 years and I think I`m paying to much to have the benefit of accident forgivness and not being surcharged for a ticket or to.

What insurance are you guys using for your auto`s? how many vehicles on the policy and about what do you pay a year for it?
    also do you pay monthly, every six months, or yearly?

has any tried esurance, the totally online insurance co??? Thanks...PR...

+1
    I use Allstate for all my toys, I pay $1,200+ /year. I know someone who had esurance, after a speeding ticket they dropped him. Theirs deals are good but what happens after you get in an accident.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Drive from progressive. I was paying $2300/yr for my jeep with encompass. Now it's less than $1200/yr. Auto deduction from my account every month. No idea about claims. Never had one. . . knock on wood. Oh yeah, full coverage on an 06 rubicon.

I`m paying 2600+ for 2 newer vehicles with Liberty Mutual, 06 VW GTI MK5, and a 05 Xterra both with full coverage. I`m wondering if I can do better?...PR...

+1
    Just remember cheaper isnt always better. Read the fine print of your policy before you make a claim . Many of these cheaper companies are popping up in nj . If you make a claim you will find that they pay for non oem parts that dont always fit correctly .Some parts include hoods ,fenders ,headlights,radiators,a/c condensers,tail lights ect.And some donot offer car rental as part of the policy it maybe extra. So do your home work on this very important CONTRACT you purchace to protect your prized posessions and your self.

Quote Originally Posted by rab1 View Post
    Just remember cheaper isnt always better. Read the fine print of your policy before you make a claim . Many of these cheaper companies are popping up in nj . If you make a claim you will find that they pay for non oem parts that dont always fit correctly .Some parts include hoods ,fenders ,headlights,radiators,a/c condensers,tail lights ect.And some donot offer car rental as part of the policy it maybe extra. So do your home work on this very important CONTRACT you purchace to protect your prized posessions and your self.
    very good point rab, you would think today that the insurance companies would be more competitve...PR...

C`mon 41 hits and a few replys, don`t you dudes know what company insures your sh!t!?...PR...

+1

USAA

Get a USAA policy (HQ in San Antonio Texas). You or someone in your
    immediate family must have been in the US military. They are the best
    bar none for any insurance policy. It is run like a coop and you get a check
    back at the end of the year.
    To give you an idea, I'm insuring for full coverage ($500 deduct) a BMW X5
    and the premium is only $265/six months with a NC address and no tickets or
    accidents. I got $65 back at end of 2006 year.
    They may have changed their requirements so check them out at www.usaa.com

P.R.:

an '04 Matrix and an '06 Civic with full coverage on both. $133/month with Nationwide. I've been with them for 12+ years and have my home insurance with them as well.

I wouldn't go with Esurance they aren't rated very good on AM's Best. I would check out Amica's Insurance. They are a great company and have the highest ratings possible on AM's Best and have been on top of JD power & Assocs for a few years now. AM's Best is the ratings of the financial strength of Insurance Companies.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information