* 2002 RXDI - Solas Impeller Upgrade .. 15/20 or 17/22 ? Your Opinion Needed.

OK, I have a 2002 Seadoo RXDI and I love this watercraft ! It tops out at 58 mph. I would like to to add some performance to my ski.. without messing with the engine.
    So after reading some threads on here , Its a performance impeller and maybe a performance grate.

Heres my questions.. What would you recommend for a performance impeller ?
    My shop gave me a few options.. a Solas 15/20 would give me better acceleration .. but they say I may lose some top end.. or a 17/22 which would give me a bit more top end and maybe lose some acceleration.
    They also asked me where I ride most, what elevation.. Does anyone know what the stock RXDI impeller is ? That may help me see if I will actually lose on top or bottom end.

I would prefer better acceleration , and keep the top end at 58mph.

Please give me your opinions.. Im taking my ski in next week to have this done.

Thanks in advance !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	373897_10150645205834848_571879847_12137449_1125441802_n.jpg 
Views:	2709 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	267514  

+1
    great looking ski, great color combination...

Scott

+1
    You want the engine to spin at 6900-6950 on a DI to get the best speed from it.If it was mine I would send the stock prop to Impros and get them to re pitch it(balance all 3 blades) to give you a better overall package as the stock prop is usually the best.If you go with anything else it is a compromise either low or high speeds.

+1 on IMPROS they just did a repair on mine to return it to stock specs. It looks like new and was $75.00 but for an extra $20 they will polish it to a competition finish and they can also re-pitch it. Also inspect your wear ring and replace it if there are any grooves. The wear ring is a must with a new impeller and if there is even a little damage it will have a big impact on botton end performance. It is easy to replace yourself with a hacksaw but remember to remove the 4 bolts first. I say this because I just did mine and there are 2 bolts on the bottom but there are 2 more on the top under the water pickup tubes. You have to slide the tubes back and off to see the bolts. trust me it is much harder when you find the hidden 2 bolts after you remove the old ring. I have a 2003 GTI that is the same ski as yours with about 1.5' added to he hull. Get under yours with a flashlight and see how your wear ring and impeller look. If they look questionable or bent you will definatly pickup some performance.

Another option if you just have to have a little more is Group K. I have had great luck with them and they will take all your calls and stupid questions. They have a Swift Kit that you just sent them your head and carbs and get a little more top speed but a good boost on bottom end with no loss in reliability, starts and idles like stock and still on pump gas. I am impressed with them but take a look at their web site for some great information about your ski and engine. Just another idea.

a
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucke.b View Post
    OK, I have a 2002 Seadoo RXDI and I love this watercraft ! It tops out at 58 mph. I would like to to add some performance to my ski.. without messing with the engine.
    So after reading some threads on here , Its a performance impeller and maybe a performance grate.

Heres my questions.. What would you recommend for a performance impeller ?
    My shop gave me a few options.. a Solas 15/20 would give me better acceleration .. but they say I may lose some top end.. or a 17/22 which would give me a bit more top end and maybe lose some acceleration.
    They also asked me where I ride most, what elevation.. Does anyone know what the stock RXDI impeller is ? That may help me see if I will actually lose on top or bottom end.

I would prefer better acceleration , and keep the top end at 58mph.

Please give me your opinions.. Im taking my ski in next week to have this done.

Thanks in advance !!
    i think they make a stage one kit for the di but is expensive. if all you are doing is an impeller a 15/20 is too tall as thats what i am running after a rejet and proks and hitting 7050rpms. id assume you would only hit 6800 rpms about but it does give 2-3mph on top end. my rx ran 60.5 stock and now runs 64.5. i would think the di's should be the same speed stock? also have a stocker repitched by impros gives me the same top end speed but the holeshot and midrange has nothing on the 15/20 concord imo. night and day difference. maybe try a 14/19 concord

Thread Information