Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mirrors for gauges. Where?

Does anybody know where i can find the mirrors that hold the gauges. 1 gauge for each mirror. I have an 01 rx and an 07 rxp. Arent those mirrors interchangable?

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 12rxp View Post
    Does anybody know where i can find the mirrors that hold the gauges. 1 gauge for each mirror. I have an 01 rx and an 07 rxp. Arent those mirrors interchangable?

Thanks!
    You can't. Contact SNOMAN. He makes a mean kit that will go into your current mirrors with gauges. Really nice stuff made from really sturdy marine material. He will get back to you quickly.

+1
    Correction..... He doesn't sell the gauges per-say..... The inserts with the proper opening or solid. Your choice of course....

+1
    Anyone just cut mirror ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockrxp View Post
    Anyone just cut mirror ?
    Are you wanting to do the through mirror ones? If so, it has been done and when bright outside they are EXTREMELY hard to find. Most glass can be mirrored if you can apply the coating properly. Easier to go to a glass/mirror shop and have them cut what you need. When you put gauges in, you will more than likely cut the rear section and the mirror will not fit anyhow.

@MSRXP
    Are you saying that on the 2012 RXP you can buy an air/fuel (AFR) gauge and place it behind the left or right side mirrors so that while the mirror is 100% useable, the AFR numbers are visible through the mirror glass (etching mirror is required) ?

Is there actually enough space behind the side mirror's glass for an AFR gauge to fit?

Also, say one installed 1 or 2 automatic bilge pumps in their 2012 RXP. Could one wire an LED light to the bilge pumps and/or bilge switch that stays constant on (red=inactive; green=active/pumping) behind the left or right side mirror.

So a 2012 RXP-X could have an AFR gauge behind the right mirror glass so the current AFR readout is displayed & visible "on" the mirror glass?

Has anyone done this before? I'm very interested in getting this done. This type of thing is usually done to a car's rear view mirror.. a valentine one radar display is shown through the mirror. Very clean looking, would be awesome on my RXP. Hope to find out more info and details on this. Any help or info on this would be much appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    Link doesn't work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
    @MSRXP
    Are you saying that on the 2012 RXP you can buy an air/fuel (AFR) gauge and place it behind the left or right side mirrors so that while the mirror is 100% useable, the AFR numbers are visible through the mirror glass (etching mirror is required) ?

Is there actually enough space behind the side mirror's glass for an AFR gauge to fit?

Also, say one installed 1 or 2 automatic bilge pumps in their 2012 RXP. Could one wire an LED light to the bilge pumps and/or bilge switch that stays constant on (red=inactive; green=active/pumping) behind the left or right side mirror.

So a 2012 RXP-X could have an AFR gauge behind the right mirror glass so the current AFR readout is displayed & visible "on" the mirror glass?

Has anyone done this before? I'm very interested in getting this done. This type of thing is usually done to a car's rear view mirror.. a valentine one radar display is shown through the mirror. Very clean looking, would be awesome on my RXP. Hope to find out more info and details on this. Any help or info on this would be much appreciated.
    The older skis has more room behind the mirrors compared to the 2012 rxpx. Also The older mirrors were functional (able to move them around). Im not sure if it can be done on the new ski. We were looking into doing it. it just seemed to be way to much work.. I dont think there is enough depth in the mirror on the new 12 rxpx... Best choice and probably the easiest would be the JLewis pod. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=jlewis

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    Link doesn't work.
    Oops.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1898216

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information