Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1

Barnegat Bay anytime ride

So who all rides the Barnegat on a regular basis?

I do from April/May through September. Dock in Forked River and routinely ride from the Metedeconk on down to AC. I can be seen on either ski and ride almost every weekend all day.

To keep it easy, I'll make a list here of all members.

1. carguy89 - Forked River, ride all over
    2. Bar Bay HO - North end (Beaver Dam)
    3. Fenn - Toms River
    4. nitric13 - Cedar Creek (weekdays)
    Last edited by carguy89; 04-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.

I'll be out there at least twice a month. On a SHO and from the Beaver Dam.

+1
    I will be. Much closer to the bay now instead of the river.

+1
    Weekday warrior... She doesn't allow me out on weekends. Only if i've been good which isnt every often.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy89 View Post
    So who all rides the Barnegat on a regular basis?

I do from April/May through September. Dock in Forked River and routinely ride from the Metedeconk on down to AC. I can be seen on either ski and ride almost every weekend all day.

To keep it easy, I'll make a list here of all members.

1. carguy89 - Forked River, ride all over
    2. Bar Bay HO - North end (Beaver Dam)
    3. Fenn - Toms River
    The ECP guys will most likely be out there once a month. I will also be out there a little more often with BrickFZR, Scott, NJ260x and some other new additions to ECP. Manasquan twice a week can become a little boring once your ski is dialed in. It also helps because now I have a rough water RXT so I won't get beat up as much considering the Bay is never even slightly flat.
    We would launch right by the island house where Brian lives. Typically we would ride over there for a little bit and meet some new people (always seems to be people in that little drag strip between the island house and marshes). We hit F-cove and Tices and sometimes ride all the way to the lighthouse and back if the bay is not super choppy and crowded.
    We have been on the water since Jan 1st and will usually ride through October if the weather cooperates but that is only the Manasquan. I don't think we have missed one week of riding since March started. IMO the Bay is too wide open to ride in anything less than summer months.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    The ECP guys will most likely be out there once a month. I will also be out there a little more often with BrickFZR, Scott, NJ260x and some other new additions to ECP. Manasquan twice a week can become a little boring once your ski is dialed in. It also helps because now I have a rough water RXT so I won't get beat up as much considering the Bay is never even slightly flat.
    We would launch right by the island house where Brian lives. Typically we would ride over there for a little bit and meet some new people (always seems to be people in that little drag strip between the island house and marshes). We hit F-cove and Tices and sometimes ride all the way to the lighthouse and back if the bay is not super choppy and crowded.
    We have been on the water since Jan 1st and will usually ride through October if the weather cooperates but that is only the Manasquan. I don't think we have missed one week of riding since March started. IMO the Bay is too wide open to ride in anything less than summer months.

Hey guys hows it going im new to the site and I figured i would introduce myself. I pretty just much ride out in the bay out of sloop creek by martells waters edge incase of a break down the bay is shallow enough to drop the anchor and wait for seatow(no break downs so far the last 3 summers) and also cause none of my buddies have skis so im mostly solo other than a few times during the summer my cousin comes out to ride. But im usually out every weekend im not working from late april till fall so if you guys are cool with some new people riding along it would be awesome to meet some new people and take some longer runs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SXTERRA55 View Post
    Hey guys hows it going im new to the site and I figured i would introduce myself. I pretty just much ride out in the bay out of sloop creek by martells waters edge incase of a break down the bay is shallow enough to drop the anchor and wait for seatow(no break downs so far the last 3 summers) and also cause none of my buddies have skis so im mostly solo other than a few times during the summer my cousin comes out to ride. But im usually out every weekend im not working from late april till fall so if you guys are cool with some new people riding along it would be awesome to meet some new people and take some longer runs
    Are these pictures of the place you are referring to? I took these last December after dropping my ski off at R-Rated for a 100 hour valve check/adjustment. My one foray into the Barnegat last summer was a real bone shaker, I wanted to go from the Brick launch down to the 37 bridge and only made it about half way (although F-cove was an interesting experience). Everyone tells me the bay south of the bridge is calmer and guys like 'carguy' were nice enough to offer to show me around of which I should take him up on it this year.

Anyway, how is the parking? I assume you park on the road? Is there enough space during summer weekends? It looks like a sand ramp and are there any issues launching during low tide or high tide?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1203111331.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	268325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1203111331a.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	268326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1203111332.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	268327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1203111332a.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	268328

Yep that would be it, during the summer it can get packed but ive always been able to find a spot to park, high and low tide theres not much difference only if we get a lot of rain it will flood up to that picnic bench its not the greatest but it beats spending 100+ dollars on a ramp pass, and atleast there multiple people can load and unload so not everyone is waiting on one person

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SXTERRA55 View Post
    I'm out there almost every weekend in the summer, just shoot me a message. I ride a lot, put ~100 hours on last year, and go all over the bay.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information