Intake Grate 08' GP1300R confused

So i have tried to numerous searches and cant seem to find the answer. I have plenty of research on intake grates and understand the concept of one. I am looking for best hook up/ hole shot on my new gp1300r. Just ordered a pump seal kit, and a riva ride plate.

I noticed many people recommend putting a 1200 grate for best hook up. Im confused on if this means the STOCK grate or aftermarket. From what i saw online the Riva 1300r grate fits the 1200 and vice versa. Could someone please help me out. I want to buy ASAP!!!!

Srry for the noob question i couldnt seem to find the right answer. i searched for about a hour.

Thnks Guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by davids4915 View Post
    So i have tried to numerous searches and cant seem to find the answer. I have plenty of research on intake grates and understand the concept of one. I am looking for best hook up/ hole shot on my new gp1300r. Just ordered a pump seal kit, and a riva ride plate.

I noticed many people recommend putting a 1200 grate for best hook up. Im confused on if this means the STOCK grate or aftermarket. From what i saw online the Riva 1300r grate fits the 1200 and vice versa. Could someone please help me out. I want to buy ASAP!!!!

Srry for the noob question i couldnt seem to find the right answer. i searched for about a hour.

Thnks Guys!!
    David, when most people talk about the "1200" grate, they are referring to the aftermarket R&D 1200 grate and not referring to the GP1200R stock intake grate.

when choosing the correct intake grate you have to decide on what is it you want from the ski. As you previously mentioned you want better hook up and holeshot. The R&D/Riva 1200 grates are the most common that pretty much can handle higher top end speeds when the ski is built for top end gains and still maintain hook up.
    The Worx intake grate is an excellent grate for rough water hook up and maintaining slightly higher than stock speeds without any issues. and the fitment to the hull is spot on and flawless as quite a few R&D/Riva 1200 grates are poor fitting to say the least and need some kind of finessing for proper fitment., so it`s hit or miss.
    The riders who have tested these grates also report that the limits of the Worx grate are around 70 mph. But some of the tuner have made corrections to the grate to perform even better which is beyond the scope of just bolting it on...
    just proceed with caution after adding mods to get a feel for the machine and continue from there, safely...

What is most important when deciding on what to buy/use is to determine your needs and goal, and have a plan... Also plan on doing some testing and adjustments to get the maximum gains these aftermarket parts have to offer.

There are a few recipes here and on the net to get you started and you tune from there... Some people are satisfied with "out of the box" parts in regards to their performance, but there is always something to gain when they are installed correctly and adjusted for peak performance...

The GPR has been around for a long time and many before us have nailed it down. Once you get a better understanding on how the plate, tabs, sponsons, grates all affect overall performance you will be able to make adjustments for your riding style and needs.

You can contact
    Jim`s Performance, Ross, WFO, Philip gpr, Ben H, just to mention a few with confidence that these forums members know their salt. There are more of you out there, my apologies for not mentioning all...you already know who you are.

Good luck, and hope this helps you out a bit...

+1
    just get one of these and call it a day

this one fits a little better out of the package
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=154

this one works equally well, and is a little cheaper
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=656

Thread Information