+1

Bone Stock GTR--top speed 68!!!

Took my GTR out today, finally got past the 5 hour ECU limiter. First speed run ran 64..I was a little upset with this. Rode around a little more and then did some more speed runs. I played with the VTS a bit since I never had a ski with it. I then ran a 67 with the VTS one step up from neutral. I checked the rpms I was turning and it was 7940/7920-is this what a stock ski should be running? I then let the motor cool for a couple mins and did another speed run and I got a 68 out of it!! I had half tank of fuel on all runs and the temp. was 82, sea level, not sure the water temp prob in the high 70s-not sure RPMS on the 68 run since it will only let me see one digital display.... Now my question is are all the new skis limited? If that's so, then the scom should give me an additional 2-3 mph!!!! I am very pleased with these results especially since I read other guys with the new PX running stock with the scom 70.6. That means my GTR with scom around 71 (hypothetically).

+1
    what did you pay for it and how does it handle ?

+1

Well..

Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    what did you pay for it and how does it handle ?
    I didn't get a deal on the ski. I bought it at the Miami boat show and the deal was 4 year warrenty, MSRP price on the GTR, $250 trailer, and $299 doc/dealer fees then taxes. I bargained a lil and got the trailer for free. The main thing was the warrenty for me and even Seadoo wasn't offering any incentives on the newer models. I am very happy with it handles good on the flats, turns and carves, can throw the rear out if you want too feels light. In the ocean, its not bad depending on the swell. I was out in 4-5 foot swells and it handled really nice, was out yesterday in some SE chop heading south and every freaking wave hits the front and splash guard and then throws the spit right in your freaking face!!! It was horrible....but prob had to do with the wind...I hope. Other then that its much dryer then my other ski-but that was a 97 GTX.

+1
    Nice speed. From my experience the stock speedo is a little off, maybe -.2-.3. I would think with the scom you would be 70+.

+1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Nice speed. From my experience the stock speedo is a little off, maybe -.2-.3. I would think with the scom you would be 70+.
    Thanks! Especially when I heard it was 65 top. I was wondering how accurate the new speedos were and after posting this was like oh sh*t, I wondering if they are accurate. I'll take the .2/.3 difference. Im at 7 hours now, hopefully after 10 maybe it will unleash more? Read mixed things. That was also with reg. gas. Going to run the tank down, put prem. in and do some more speed runs with 1/4 tank. Then I will start some light mods like-fill in ride plate, 4" air intake and add bilge pump, strainer oh and need the scom. Hoping some guys upgrade to the Vtech and sell their used scoms.

+1
    Nice speeds! Seems 70MPH is becoming the old 50MPH in these new ski's coming out!

Thread Information