+1

OEM IC winterizing

I know that the OEM IC is not self draining, & read that you remove the hoses to it to drain. I did this & no water came out. Is this because I pretty much blew all of it out?? Also when adding antifreeze how do u guys do this without it spelling out?
    Thanks.

"Osk"

+1
    I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO DO THIS! I have never winterized my skis and they sit outside. I ride at least once a month and just blow the s**t out of it at every angle. I did a test before I tried this and put antifreeze in a funnel with a short piece of hose and held it up gave it a little gas and the first liquid that came out was the same (freeze point)that I was putting in. I think a little (less than 6 oz) is left in the water box. Now in a year or 2 I may have wished I did the proper stuff. Might have to replace a water box or even worse. But to answer your question i think that is perfectly normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by sourpower RXT View Post
    I know that the OEM IC is not self draining, & read that you remove the hoses to it to drain. I did this & no water came out. Is this because I pretty much blew all of it out?? Also when adding antifreeze how do u guys do this without it spelling out?
    Thanks.

"Osk"

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    get a bucket and pour antifreeze in it.... drop a bilge pump or some kind of sump pump in the bucket and connect a hose and the flush kit adapter and hook it up to the ski's flush port... turn the pump on and pump the antifreeze thru... ski does NOT have to be running to do this... all it takes is 1/2 - 1 gallon of antifreeze, and that's MUCH MORE than sufficient... and you can bet everything that needs antifreeze is fully filled with antifreeze using this method

DONE

thats all i did.....and it feels good keeping in around 300$ from the dealer charge

+1
    Thanks....any automotive antifreeze?? prestone?? 100% or 50/50??

u can go 2 wall mart & get the rv antifreeze its biodegreadable or do like i do keep it in a garage that dont freeze

I would recommend the walmart rv antifreeze. it comes premixed. its cheaper than auto antifreeze. The bio thing is good too. Don't want be polluting

Thread Information