+1

ride plate leaking??

my ride plate is leaking antifreeze in the hull where the hose goes on the pipe? (yes original seadoo crappy clamp) it dont look like its leaking at clamp. are those inserts pressed in, or threaded? i read be careful not to pull them out when changeing ride plate? either or do the have some kind of sealant on them when installed from factory? thanks for the help also second question i suck with computers when you guys do searches on stuff do you go to the little window on upper right advance search??

+1
    threaded, mine was barely held in by the silicone from the factory when i recently pulled my plate, i got new fittings as mine were not reusable.

They're are a couple of slightly different designs between years, but yea, some silicone (gasket-maker type stuff) along the threads etc will help cure the problem. Just make sure your sealant doesnt squeeze out into inside of the coolant pathway....dont want to have any pieces drying and breaking off into the coolant system and clogging anything.

Look in the top right of page where you see all the page numbers....under that is where there's a specific box to search under the section that you're in.

+1
    blkturbo thanks for the search info, lol. ive been in the advance search box and getting nothing close to my dumb questions!!! this should help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by warner0308 View Post
    blkturbo thanks for the search info, lol. ive been in the advance search box and getting nothing close to my dumb questions!!! this should help
    Damn it boy,your sure having some fun with this ski arnt ya????Get 2 new fittings and O-rings,add a little silicone to the threads.just be careful not to over tighten them as they will crack...you can take the ones off you have now BUT IMO they may not be as solid as new ones as they have been heat cycled many many times and are only made of plastic....

+1
    drain antifreeze, pull the two dicks and replace with new! replace anti freeze call it a day! 2004 rxp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Damn it boy,your sure having some fun with this ski arnt ya????Get 2 new fittings and O-rings,add a little silicone to the threads.just be careful not to over tighten them as they will crack...you can take the ones off you have now BUT IMO they may not be as solid as new ones as they have been heat cycled many many times and are only made of plastic....
    Orings? I didn't see any on mine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    Orings? I didn't see any on mine.
    I might be mistaking but i thought the newwe(06 and up) had O-rings......I could and probley am wrong...

It is the 06 with O-ring seals...05 and older dont. pretty sure I'm (and snowman) right. I just ordered this stuff less than 2 weeks ago...for my 05 RXP with 06 plate going on soon

+1
    Yeah mine is an 04.

Thread Information