Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    FZS Monty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Posts
    588
    +1
    37

    Question NO BOOST! help...

    Hey everyone, so today was my first day in the water after my winter build. Riva B1 wheel, Dampener gear, Power Cooler with HKS Bov, R2 re flash. I did all the work my self and being a type A i really took my time to followed all directions to the T.
    In the water, does not matter what throttle position, (max RPM was 7500) boost gauge was always reading variable vacuum at idle and 0psi under load.
    Checked all the boost hoses, clamps and lines but to no avail. Took the intake off to see the wheel, no problem, one way ONLY rotation without any slack at all, no shaft play, no rubbing. Started it up, using a mirror i can see the wheel turning without any problems, idles well. Under throttle blips no BOV venting at all. Took off the post IC silicone hose to throttle body, gave it some gas,.. nothing. Like the SC is not compressing anything at all.
    What should i check/do next?
    As always, thanks for your time and attention.

    Monty.


  2. #2
    waseemyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.A.E Dubai
    Posts
    166
    ok if there was a big leak the engine would not go past 5000 rpms same as if the SC clutch is gone, it happened to me once, I lost the J pipe clamp ( it wasnt that tight) and RPMs dropped to 5k immediately. I wish I could you help you more how about if the gauge is not reading right?? is that possible?? in generel, how does the ski run??

  3. #3
    FZS Monty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Posts
    588
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by waseemyah View Post
    ok if there was a big leak the engine would not go past 5000 rpms same as if the SC clutch is gone, it happened to me once, I lost the J pipe clamp ( it wasnt that tight) and RPMs dropped to 5k immediately. I wish I could you help you more how about if the gauge is not reading right?? is that possible?? in generel, how does the ski run??
    Boost gauge is fine, was good before the build, reads vacuum well. I don't think it's a leak, I think it's the supercharger itself. It just does not build boost. Like I said, I took the inter cooler hose to throttle body off and reved all the way to 7k rpm.... Nothing.

    Has anyone had a BAD sc wheel? I followed Rivas instructions methodically.. Will call them tomorrow.

  4. #4
    waseemyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.A.E Dubai
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by FZS Monty View Post
    Boost gauge is fine, was good before the build, reads vacuum well. I don't think it's a leak, I think it's the supercharger itself. It just does not build boost. Like I said, I took the inter cooler hose to throttle body off and reved all the way to 7k rpm.... Nothing.

    Has anyone had a BAD sc wheel? I followed Rivas instructions methodically.. Will call them tomorrow.
    if there was anything wrong with the SC, the engine would not go past 5k rpms. it must be something else

  5. #5
    waseemyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.A.E Dubai
    Posts
    166
    by the way. same thing is happening with my friends FZR BUT there is 1 difference, his engine doesnt go past 5k rpms so after talking to the guys here,we all agree it must be the clutch has gone. I havent changed it yet but I will in the next 2 or 3 days, and FYI on the trailer it would go all the way till 7500 rpms but in the water nomore than 5k rpms and his wheel is spinning as well.... do you get my idea?

  6. #6
    FZS Monty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Posts
    588
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by waseemyah View Post
    by the way. same thing is happening with my friends FZR BUT there is 1 difference, his engine doesnt go past 5k rpms so after talking to the guys here,we all agree it must be the clutch has gone. I havent changed it yet but I will in the next 2 or 3 days, and FYI on the trailer it would go all the way till 7500 rpms but in the water nomore than 5k rpms and his wheel is spinning as well.... do you get my idea?
    I get your idea, but when did my clutch had a chance to go? I closed the season Without any problems last year, had bov installed at 0 hours, now I'm at 50 hrs. My ski is a 2011 model, I installed the dampener wheel and never saw any boost over stock, AND there is no sc wheel rotatio both ways as described by members here whose clutches have failed. When I had the oil pump off, I found the clutch without damage as seen in pics of failed clutches. So I'm really confused here, and like I said earlier, my pet tach recorded top rpm of 7500...
    At a loss here

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,329
    +1
    152
    take the hose off the top of the supercharger should be a bunch of air at 5000 rpm. If not wheel must not be turning much

  8. #8
    FZS Monty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Posts
    588
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    take the hose off the top of the supercharger should be a bunch of air at 5000 rpm. If not wheel must not be turning much
    I took the hose off at throttle body, nothing at full throttle or part. Using a mirror I see the wheel spinning like crazy. I will try to by pass the IC like you say.

  9. #9
    Could the impeller housing be leaking??? only had mine apart once and that was over 2 years ago. Cant remember if it is an o ring if you needed to put some sealant on there. Ski |shouldnt" hit 7500rpm AND have 0psi of boost(unless you have a really beat up or under pitched prop) . Boost should start around 5500-6000 IIRC. Check you boost gauge lines if you have an analog gauge. Or for leaks around a digital sender if thats what you have. Would make sense to loose boost there and get weird readings at your gauge.

  10. #10
    FZS Monty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Posts
    588
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    Could the impeller housing be leaking??? only had mine apart once and that was over 2 years ago. Cant remember if it is an o ring if you needed to put some sealant on there. Ski |shouldnt" hit 7500rpm AND have 0psi of boost(unless you have a really beat up or under pitched prop) . Boost should start around 5500-6000 IIRC. Check you boost gauge lines if you have an analog gauge. Or for leaks around a digital sender if thats what you have. Would make sense to loose boost there and get weird readings at your gauge.
    I am starting to think about the housing too. Installation required a sealent to be applied to the housing, which i did, but maybe it sprung a leak..
    My boost gauge is the AEM digital, and i inspected the hell out of it, everything is fully secured, and tied down.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1100 wave venture no power help
    By kelly in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 05:11 PM
  2. NO SPARK help
    By Lvnspeed in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 08:59 PM
  3. Ski Is Glued To The Water (no lift HELP)
    By Mik72e in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2007, 11:05 PM
  4. R&D grate Defective or no problem??? Help...
    By Tiburon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
  5. No Spark Help
    By mt375hp in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 04:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •