Help replacing water pump seal MSX 150

Hello all you happy people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPE-750-marine-HO-cooling-system-water-pump.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	267772

So I am getting what looks like water but could also be coolant mixing in with my oil. I want to replace the water pump seals since I am going to be upgrading my oil tank to the new updated tank. By the picture here, which seals should I replace, or should I just do them all? I was thinking it would be number 14 that I would replace.

Also on the upgraded oil tank kit, should I put the breather hose onto the auxiliary tank or just put a small filter there like I see some people here do? If I do the small filter than do I need a vent in the back area to let more air near the breather? I am not sure if the breather needs like actual pressure or vacuum going into it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

~Red

+1
    part 14 some times comes as just one part (the rubber and spring seal) but i suggest you make sure you get and change both parts the narrower seal in part 14 is the ceramic/rubber seal.

as for oil tank update kit. i have one. and to be honest, the design for the rollover tank/oil return to sump wont work unless you run the hose to the air box.

i changed the configuration on mine, and ran a 1" vent hose from top of roll over tank, down under engine, up to the front. and exits via a thru hull fitting

In regards to my initial question, I was asking if I should also replace seal number 12, but as this looks like it is just a seal for the water pump housing, I am guessing it would have no influence on water mixing in with the oil.

On the oil tank upgrade kit, what exactly does the rollover tank/oil return need running from the top of the tank? I am guessing it needs a little vacuum since it is supposed to go to the airbox, but does the rollover tank really help prevent oil from dumping into the intake? Would it be better for me to do what Spannerspencer did and run it to a thru hull fitting? Any advice helps. Thanks.

+1
    again, its hard to fire into detail regarding the new oil tank design. iF you search my username for my threads its all explained in there.

but the cyclone on the new tank will only work effectively is its all plumbed in as it should be. the clear rollover tank needs to be under vaccum to work the cyclone, the cyclone seperate the moisture on oil!

this is how ive plumbed in my oil tank

Thread Information