Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What should I buy 2008 RXPX or 92+ gprxp?

Alright guys, need some help before I shell out my savings on my summer toy.

I have my eye set on 2 skis. I can by my friends 2008 Rxpx with 50hrs with trailer for $6,000. or a member here that goes be the name Syk1300, he has a Custom Built GPRXP that does 92 plus for 8,500.

What would you guys buy?

Here are some things I am thinking about. If I buy RXpx and put 2500into it, would it be comparable?
    I am only going to have the ski throught the summer. I will sell in August. Which one will be easyer to sell?
    I am storing the ski on a floating dock at the local marina. Is there going to be a maintenance issue with Gprxp?
    I live in a smal redneck town. I have no one here i can trust to wrench on it. Which one will be more reliable.

The price differnece is not an issue. I can buy the Rxpx and just sale it for 8 grand and buy the GPRXP.

Thanks for any input. Good or bad!
    Patrick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gprxp10.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	267849   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxpx255.jpg 
Views:	1026 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	267846  

+1
    "If I buy RXpx and put 2500into it, would it be comparable?"

Assuming the PX is a stock ski, an additional $2500 won't even get you close to 92+

+1
    Assuming the PX is a stock ski, an additional $2500 won't even get you close to 92+.

+1
    There is no way the RXPX will perform close to the GPRXP. But... because you want to ride this summer without issue. I would buy a good known ski from a friend at a great price, before buying a custom built GPRXP from someone I barely know. What year hull is the GPR, engine, mods? These conversions are always a work in progress to me. They always need something. They are not for the guy that just wants a fast ski to ride, it will need work. JMO.

+1
    Just want to add. Just change the intake grate to a R&D, if you buy the RXPX than leave it stock. You will have a fun 70 mph ski for the summer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    There is no way the RXPX will perform close to the GPRXP. But... because you want to ride this summer without issue. I would buy a good known ski from a friend at a great price, before buying a custom built GPRXP from someone I barely know. What year hull is the GPR, engine, mods? These conversions are always a work in progress to me. They always need something. They are not for the guy that just wants a fast ski to ride, it will need work. JMO.
    +1000

If you are looking to tinker around for a while go for the GPRXP. if you want to ride this summer without a worry get the RXPX and don't look back....

GPRXPs are a lot of fun, but you need a lot a patience and time for work things out, especially if you are buying a ski that you don't know the history of.

+1
    there is a thread about this ski. Seems pretty clean and legit and it was loaded with goodies. I would buy it if i had the money. Do you have modding experience? If not prob stick with rxpx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    there is a thread about this ski. Seems pretty clean and legit and it was loaded with goodies. I would buy it if i had the money. Do you have modding experience? If not prob stick with rxpx.
    I am not downing any conversions at all or this one. I just know that they are usually all a work in progress. You have to figure out handling, pump, prop, nozzles, I/Cs, engines, fuel system, etc... JMO

I looked at a few conversions for sale, before deciding just to build my own with Duke. I will have maybe over 15K before I am done, but know I will never stop tinkering with it after I get it running. 8500 is a good price for a well sorted ski thats for sure, but I bet it will still need some work. JMO

+1
    I am not downing any conversions at all or this one. I just know that they are usually all a work in progress. You have to figure out handling, pump, prop, nozzles, I/Cs, engines, fuel system, etc... JMO

I looked at a few conversions for sale, before deciding just to build my own with Duke. I will have maybe over 15K before I am done, but know I will never stop tinkering with it after I get it running. 8500 is a good price for a well sorted ski thats for sure, but I bet it will still need some work. JMO
    each conversion is set for each rider. It will ride one way for one person and another for a different person. Be prepare to adjust it to you. Take out the bounce if there is one. IF THERE IS A BUCK, you have a problem. There should be no bounce or 'GPRBuck'. Good luck. If it is bouncing, you're losing speed and performance. Also, the gpr generally doesn't have reverse as that has been removed. Good luck!

+1
    In the conversion classifieds it is all laid out. He has it listed for 10,500

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information