2000 GPR, original owner, maintenance questions

As the title states I have a 2000 GPR that I purchased new. It only has about 50 hours on it and runs really well (top speed same as when I bought it). This forum contains a lot of maintenance things that can be done but I am looking for the main things I need to do given how old the GPR is. I mainly ride in the rivers, a few times a year in Lake Erie, so the hull has not really taken a beating (and it has never been in salt water).

I have not done the waveeater clips but am planning to do that before I ride this season. I also have a 2000 GTX and am going to replace the fuel lines and clean the carbs (due to a low end bog and the known fuel line issue). I was not sure if this should also be done with the GPR and if so how difficult is it?

If anyone can pass along the main things that I should do it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

+1
    There is a wealth of info on this topic. Go to "instructions."

http://www.waveeaterproducts.com/

+1
    Look in to a "D plate" because that cat is probably on its last leg. If you are getting the carbs redone you might just want to go premix. At the very least get some really good stainless steel clamps to make sure the oil lines don't fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    Look in to a "D plate" because that cat is probably on its last leg. If you are getting the carbs redone you might just want to go premix. At the very least get some really good stainless steel clamps to make sure the oil lines don't fall off.
    I was not planning on doing anything with the carbs unless that is something that should be done (it has been running really good). I saw some comments about GPR fuel lines needing replaced but it did not sound like it was a major problem like with SeaDoos where the fuel lines deteriorate and clog the carbs.

The d plate is a good suggestion, been a while since I read up on it. Cannot remember the difficulty (pipe needs removed?) and if the carbs need rejetted. I did think that some sensor needs dealt with (I cannot search for the info now, but can tonight).

So other than those things sounds like nothing else needs done (i.e. no known "time bombs" waiting to go off)? I know there is the pump tunnel reinforcement but I am not jumping waves and I thought it did not affect the 2000.

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Jaym24 View Post
    I was not planning on doing anything with the carbs unless that is something that should be done (it has been running really good). I saw some comments about GPR fuel lines needing replaced but it did not sound like it was a major problem like with SeaDoos where the fuel lines deteriorate and clog the carbs.

The d plate is a good suggestion, been a while since I read up on it. Cannot remember the difficulty (pipe needs removed?) and if the carbs need rejetted. I did think that some sensor needs dealt with (I cannot search for the info now, but can tonight).

So other than those things sounds like nothing else needs done (i.e. no known "time bombs" waiting to go off)? I know there is the pump tunnel reinforcement but I am not jumping waves and I thought it did not affect the 2000.

Thanks for the reply
    Pump tunnel reinforcement applies to all years. But if you have not modified the motor for more power it is very unlikely you will have any problems.

Pre-mix and some type of PV clips are probably some of the best preventive mods. Surprised your cat has made it all these years - but if it gets plugged up or breaks you will know soon enough.

Thread Information