New Polaris, what do I need to go with it?

Have the new (for us) Polaris....can anyone give me a tube recommendation, and is there a certain type of rope I should get? Thanks

+1
    Don't use a real springy line, any AWSA approved ski line will work, I think it is an 8 braid on 12 braid line,
    the key thing is do you have a place on the ski to attach it?
    I took a big galvanized eye bolt and put it in the rear hole on the back deck on my 1995 750, it works great there,
    A tube can fill with water and be hard to get on plane if you are not careful, it will pull real hard on the ski almost tipping it over, I use a quick release set up on the ski end but you don't want anything but the loop threaded thru on the tube end so nothing metal to hit anyone in the head, when they go flying,
    I pull a big old double tube with two 13 year old boys and the ski has no problems, then I pull them behind the limited seadoo supercharged one and really give them a ride for there money, they usually don't last long when they want me to try and sling them off,

good luck

What do you mean "get on plane"?
    Thanks
    Ginny

+1
    when the ski is not plowing at slow speed, the hull is on a plane or planing on top of the water,

Dont forget to take into account your local lake laws. Virtually everywhere requires U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets for everyone on the craft (A total of three if you are pulling a tuber/ wake boarder: one for the driver, one for the passenger, and one for the tuber). Also most lakes require an orange flag to signal a down rider.

+1
    Not to mention you must have seating for everyone to be "legal". The only technically acceptable configuration is to have a 3 seater ski with 1 driver, 1 spotter, and 1 tube rider. All with vests. If you add a second tuber, you will not have enough seating capacity if your tube blows up......

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I would never have thought about the number of seats and the number on the tube....I will go see where I can find Texas boating laws.

+1
    http://www.boat-ed.com/tx/handbook/steerpwc.htm Check out the drop down menus on the side, specifically the ones that say PWC

Thread Information