Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gp1300r showing temp light warning and has no spark.

Hey everyone im new to the site and im no ski expert but been experincing problems with my 03 gp1300r NON POWERVALVE i went riding last week and my ski was running like crap,i noticed my riva efi controller it was not working but kept riding like that,when i was reaching the marina ready to go home a temp warning light came on and i immediately turned it off.i get to my house and start it up to flush it and after 3 min the same light came on and my ski did an autoshutdown to prevent damage. i try to start it the next day but it just cranks and the temp light comes on(with out even staring ski)now ski cranks and shows me the temp warning light with no spark,has anyone had this problem before im really going crazy and im dying to ride with my buddys. thanks.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. What code is showing up? Do you know how to check for codes?

thanks alot i heard the best about the site well i checked for codes and showed 48 but then changed to 01 now it just shows 01.is there a way to see multiple codes?

+1
    48 is an "incorrect Data Transmission", 01 is 'normal" Whats the compression now?

+1
    check the connections at the Riva controller for corrosion for the code, also check the ground for the controller inop

on the temp light and no start, check the water temp sensor at the bottom rear of the pipe for an open circuit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    48 is an "incorrect Data Transmission", 01 is 'normal" Whats the compression now?
    +1

check compression in case you damaged anything when the controller went out

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    +1

check compression in case you damaged anything when the controller went out

I have had issues on my 06 Gp1300r with no spark and temp light. It about drove me crazy. I replaced the sensor at the bottom of the exhaust stinger in the spring of last year and it ran like a champ all season. Even thought I winterized it I would crank the ski every 3 weeks or so for 20 seconds and shut off. Cranked every time. 1st time out this year, I hooked the ski to the truck the night before the ride, Got up at the break of dawn, removed ski cover, and guess what. It would crank over but not start. The beeper and temp warning light would come on. I was pissed. I left the house without the ski being able to be started, got to the beach, and wiggled/messed with the temp harness connection. Ski started right up and ran fine all day. Has yet to repeat the issue. I would unhook the EFI controller and just see if problem goes away to eliminate a bad EFI and also check harness connections. That no fire issue is a pain!!! I also +1 on the compression check just for safety's sake.

Ok i did compression test and got 116-117 psi across all three on a old raggedy advance auto parts compression tester my (engine is 100% stock except for removed air filter assy and d plate.) i also deleted the riva efi and connected the two connectors back like stock and it still does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanson21 View Post
    Ok i did compression test and got 116-117 psi across all three on a old raggedy advance auto parts compression tester my (engine is 100% stock except for removed air filter assy and d plate.) i also deleted the riva efi and connected the two connectors back like stock and it still does the same thing.
    I would replace the temp sensor at the base of your stinger. The sensor is around $75. I bought a cheap ACE wrench (I forgot the sensor nut size), I cut the wrench into 2 halves so I could get the sensor out without removing the entire pipe (due to the "ears" around the sensor). I took the box end half of the wrench and used a grinder to cut a slot in the box end. With the slot, I was able to allow the electrical wire to pass through the slot and slide the box end down unto the sensor to remove/install the new one. 10 minute job. Good luck but I fought the same issue last year.

I really think it is a faulty temp sensor as I experianced all the same problems you are having. My 2 cents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information