HELP 2003 rebuild sc with 3 spacer washers? HELP

Hey all,

I am installing the sc after it came back from Jerry today. He included the 3 "spacer" washers that mount between the sc and the engine at the 3 mounting bolts. Now that I have it installed, I notice that the sc near the part with the o rings now sits out from the engine..but I have the washers as spacers so assume it is because the rebuilt shaft is longer than the stock one? Need to make sure I am not getting an issue before I finish all the other install of the hoses...Is this normal?
    Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Velodrome View Post
    Hey all,

I am installing the sc after it came back from Jerry today. He included the 3 "spacer" washers that mount between the sc and the engine at the 3 mounting bolts. Now that I have it installed, I notice that the sc near the part with the o rings now sits out from the engine..but I have the washers as spacers so assume it is because the rebuilt shaft is longer than the stock one? Need to make sure I am not getting an issue before I finish all the other install of the hoses...Is this normal?
    Thanks.

Yes if your supercharger is for the 185 non intercooled supercharged skis the spacers are needed and damage could result if not installed

I just was startled about how much the male part of the sc that was prev. flush with the engine housing now sits about an 1/8" away..from it. I have the washers between the sc and the engine and torqued so I guess I will move on and hope that the o rings do their thing. Thanks for the reply!

+1
    Perfectly normal!

The spacer washers are only used on supercharger housings with a serial number ending in "3"

+1
    you can throw a good high temp marine grease on that exposed metal to help protect it, blob it on like toothpaste. i smeared light coating all over the base of the shaft, btw o rings etc and then inserted, then a big blob where the Sc meets the engine.
    it will melt a bit and run all the way around.
    this makes pulling the SC the next time, super easy !!! other wise corrosion will get in there and freeze the SC to the block, making it a royal PITA to remove.
    it took me 2 hours the firs ttime to remove my SC, 2nd time it slid out nice and easy.
    also put some never seize on the mounting bolts so they dont get frozen up, that one reverse bolt can be a problem if you strip it cuz its frozen.

Puts motor oil on his pancakes Hockeydude's Avatar
    perfectly normal, I have a '03 as well that I rebuilt last fall. The reason for the spacers is the gear on the supercharger was not lined up perfectly center with the fly wheel from the factory. The washers line it up correctly. If you looked at the old gear on your supercharger before you sent it to Jerry you could probably see minor wear on the gear but only on 3/4 of one side of the gear.

Thread Information