Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Better Fuel economy with SLO key?

Wondering if any of you knowledgeable peeps have tested the fuel economy with the SLO key.

We mostly do rides to see how far we can get... more then how fast we can get there.

My only concern is that at 27-29mph top speed with the slow key on my Ultra LX, the throttle body is then wide open. Would better fuel economy be gained while running WOT with the SLO key vs. running 35 or so with the FPO key?

As always, opinions and or experiences welcome in this thread.

(also what is the most mileage/run time you have gotten out of your 15F or Ultra LX and what speed/rpms where you running)

Cheers!

Jeremiah

Banned User
    +1
    Prob worse if anything. Just use the orange key and control the throttle.

+1
    Or cruise control... just dont use the ECO button.... that button scares me.

+1
    does the lx have cruise control? think the op is talking of lx not 300lx!! i maybe wrong lol, anyway i have ran 150+kms, 93+mi on the eco mode.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post

Ultra LX 165 hrs model. No cruise control and not ECO mode. i wish for cruise control!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post

I have actually seen decent increase in economy using this last year, why not use it if just crusing?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    The blue button is a good one, (IMO). If you wanna stay outta the boost and go for a long distance it does help. You can also get up to full speed just spools up alot slower.

For the LX I would just go as slow as you want instead of using the yellow key. It'll go a long ways.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    I sometimes use Eco in swell and messy chop if I'm just cruising. The extra throttle control helps smooth out any on/off action when you are unhooking.

The fact that your trigger is fully pulled does not equate to the injectors being at WOT. It's the injectors that spend your fuel, not the trigger position or throttle plate. If you find it easier to hold on for long periods with the trigger fully pulled (as most do) then the SLO key is a great option and WILL save you fuel over the long haul. If you are taking smaller trips, the FPO key is probably a fine choice if you don't mind metering it the entire time.
    Also, we had a 2008 LX before this 300x and the fuel mileage almost always outlasted our ability to consume it. I also added the extended fuel pickup in that ski which was a great addition. The newer skiis seems to be a bit better at this but I bought the extended p/u for the 300x anyway.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rsg1963 View Post
    The fact that your trigger is fully pulled does not equate to the injectors being at WOT. It's the injectors that spend your fuel, not the trigger position or throttle plate. If you find it easier to hold on for long periods with the trigger fully pulled (as most do) then the SLO key is a great option and WILL save you fuel over the long haul. If you are taking smaller trips, the FPO key is probably a fine choice if you don't mind metering it the entire time.
    Also, we had a 2008 LX before this 300x and the fuel mileage almost always outlasted our ability to consume it. I also added the extended fuel pickup in that ski which was a great addition. The newer skiis seems to be a bit better at this but I bought the extended p/u for the 300x anyway.
    Mmmmm banging the limiter with the slow key for long periods of time is not ideal IMO. Bad for the motor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information