Solas Impellor Question

I am in the market for a new propellor and I would like to upgrade to a solas propellor. I have a 2008 RXP that is stock and I notice that they have different recommendations based off of the stages of mods that are done to the ski. For example I see that a SRX-CD-13/18 is recommended for stock and a SRX-CD-14/19R is recommended for a stage I. Is this because the stage I propellor will have an adjusted pitch that will make the engine work harder and is designed to work with its maximum RPM range based off of its engine power? This is kind of what I gathered from searching around. I guess I am going to be going with the SRX-CD-13/18 since I plan on keeping everything stock. Looking in the store here i see that when i click on it there are 3 different images of different props. I see the standard picture with the 4 blade green top, then another one that says larger image that has 3 blades and a blue top, then another one that looks almost chrome and has a black top, this is kind of confusing. So which one of these is the SRX-CD-13/18? Is it the one with 4 blades or 3 blades? My stock one is beat to hell but has 4 blades on it. I couldn't imagine that it would be better to go to a 3 blade prop....then again what do i know? Can anybody fill me in? Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhm1138 View Post
    I am in the market for a new propellor and I would like to upgrade to a solas propellor. I have a 2008 RXP that is stock and I notice that they have different recommendations based off of the stages of mods that are done to the ski. For example I see that a SRX-CD-13/18 is recommended for stock and a SRX-CD-14/19R is recommended for a stage I. Is this because the stage I propellor will have an adjusted pitch that will make the engine work harder and is designed to work with its maximum RPM range based off of its engine power? This is kind of what I gathered from searching around. I guess I am going to be going with the SRX-CD-13/18 since I plan on keeping everything stock. Looking in the store here i see that when i click on it there are 3 different images of different props. I see the standard picture with the 4 blade green top, then another one that says larger image that has 3 blades and a blue top, then another one that looks almost chrome and has a black top, this is kind of confusing. So which one of these is the SRX-CD-13/18? Is it the one with 4 blades or 3 blades? My stock one is beat to hell but has 4 blades on it. I couldn't imagine that it would be better to go to a 3 blade prop....then again what do i know? Can anybody fill me in? Thanks!
    Do you plan on doing any upgrade mods? If not go with this prop ---> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...&products_id=8

If you are planning to do a few mods such as 4 Inch intake like this ---> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1160
    or an intake grate like this---> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...&products_id=5
    then go with this prop ---> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=11

The only issue with the 14/19 you will have is that you will need to have some pitch taken out of it as the root angle is still a little steep for what you need. Jerry (GreenHulk) can help you with the pitch if you are buying from him. You will notice a big difference from the prop change. It processes the water more efficiently.

+1
    If you plan on staying completely stock just post in the classified section that you need a stock impellor. There are probably lots of stock impellors laying around in GH members shops for cheap. You will need a new wear ring if your impellor is beat up.

Thread Information