+1

Speed Calibration and 70MPH Limit

Anyone know how to calibrate the speed, always says about 5 faster then actual, and remove the 70MPH limit on an 05 rxp?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Anyone know how to calibrate the speed, always says about 5 faster then actual, and remove the 70MPH limit on an 05 rxp?

It will never be accurate as you want because it is not GPS driven. You will never be able to have the Speedo read above 70 again as it is not GPS driven and a spinning wheel in the right rear of the ski. You can go faster than 70, but your speedo will not show it though.

+1
    Oh get one of these to see your speed 'accurately'..... RAM mounts makes a handlebar mount that I use. Good stuff!

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/621828/Garmin-eTrex-Legend-H-Portable-Navigator/?Channel=Google&mr:trackingCode=FEA20B71-5121-DF11-9B13-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Googlepla-_-Technology+Audio_Video_Electronics-_-621828&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=19585170356&mr:keyword= {keyword}

From a long time ago, but you get the idea....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPS.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	267982

+1
    I understand it will never be all that accurate compared to gps, especially over 70. That said it would be nice to have at least a rough idea of speed beyond 70 without having a gps. Are you saying that displaying speed over 70 is a design limitation of the spinning wheel as opposed to limitation artificially put in place by BRP in the ecu?

+1
    There is no limit on 05 skis

+1
    I understand it will never be all that accurate compared to gps, especially over 70. That said it would be nice to have at least a rough idea of speed beyond 70 without having a gps. Are you saying that displaying speed over 70 is a design limitation of the spinning wheel as opposed to limitation artificially put in place by BRP in the ecu?
    It won't display anything past 69 usually. It's not a limiter by any means. Just a digital display limit. Make sense?

+1
    If you use the Riva Racing ECU, your cluster show more than 70mph and you can read more than 80mph, if your sea doo go fast. Remember words of MSRXP - your speed meter is not accurate. Use a Garmin e-trex or other similar to verify your speed. But I understand your question is about - why the rxp cluster don't show more than 70mph?? The RXP-X have the same problem, but, when you install the Riva Racing ECU you can read more than 70mph and numbers 71/72...75/78... 82... and more. Remember this don't have a correct information, but, you can read this in your toy

Using a BUDS you can't change this... Using CanDoo you can't change this... I beliave using Buds with megatech key you can.

+1
    I'm not too concerned with accuracy. With exception to the newer 2012 with a GPS speedo I ussually see them off by 5MPH or so; I think the magin of error grows as you go faster. I use GPS when looking for accuracy. I'm more looking for the wow factor on my older skis. Girls always look at the speedo. If you know how to remove the speedo limit on a stock ecu with buds or whatever please do share.

Thread Information