Coolant Clamp Broken

heat-exchanger plate spigots Well after the Slalom Races on Sunday , my friend took the jetski for a ride, came back and we loaded in the trailer, I went to start it and rev it to take the sewater out, notice the ski with hesitated under load/throtle and was missing, Then it started beeping, low fuel low fuel, I turn it off and opened the hood and notice no coolant, I continue beeping, so I look again and notice a High temp code after three low fuel beeps. When I got home put coolant but it was clear I had a loose hose since all the coolant disappear as it was pour. I started the engine, just to verify everything was ok and rev it without problems. Shut it after a few revs and found the Clamp of the hose near the waterbox broken.

Can Ovetight clamps break?, I recently changed this hose as per recomendations of bullet proofing my sea doo, but seems either the clamp was defective, not strong enought or I might overtight it. Either way I'm glad nothing more happen, I was ignoring the codes since I though it was low fuel beeping for a while. I dont think I rode it a lot with high temp since it was running right.

Anyone knows if there is a fail safe when hight temps are reach??? Similar to not running or shutdown, it was acting weird once it was hot

+1
    Hey there. Sorry to hear of the issue, be glad you tracked it down. I did not know of this item and suggestion to improve/bullet proof the clamp. Can you please share some information/links/details on that? Also, do you have a photo of the clamp you are referring too?

Thanks you.

+1
    I highly recommend you use Oetiker Clamps and not screw clamps. You may have to get the larger size clamps at the dealer.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...MAA#ps-sellers

Will post a picture but basically they where normal screw clamps

Thread Information