Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ktyamaha36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Winter Haven,FL
    Posts
    303

    F12 vibration at 1/2 to WOT throttle

    Have a Honda F12x. The ski has 90hrs on it. Runs GREAT. Sometimes I notice a high speed vibration when running from 1/2 up to WOT. If I throw the ski in a sharp turn it goes away.

    Any ideas on what this could be?

    I dont know if the pump has been serviced, is there a driveshaft bearing that needs to be greased??


    Thanks guys


  2. #2
    supermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    406
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ktyamaha36 View Post
    Have a Honda F12x. The ski has 90hrs on it. Runs GREAT. Sometimes I notice a high speed vibration when running from 1/2 up to WOT. If I throw the ski in a sharp turn it goes away.

    Any ideas on what this could be?

    I dont know if the pump has been serviced, is there a driveshaft bearing that needs to be greased??


    Thanks guys
    There is one zerk fitting in the back for the through hull bearing.

    Is it more a noise or a vibration?

  3. #3
    ktyamaha36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Winter Haven,FL
    Posts
    303
    Ok I found the zerk fitting. Put about 8 Pumps of grease into it...lol I dont think that has ever been done.

    Its weird, once you get up 40+ mph and cruise for a few seconds a noise starts getting louder and louder, But theres also a vibration along with it unless you turn sharp and it all goes away and is quiet again. I will put the ski back in the water tonight to see if it just needed some grease to thru hull bearing....with my luck I doubt it though!

  4. #4
    supermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    406
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ktyamaha36 View Post
    Ok I found the zerk fitting. Put about 8 Pumps of grease into it...lol I dont think that has ever been done.

    Its weird, once you get up 40+ mph and cruise for a few seconds a noise starts getting louder and louder, But theres also a vibration along with it unless you turn sharp and it all goes away and is quiet again. I will put the ski back in the water tonight to see if it just needed some grease to thru hull bearing....with my luck I doubt it though!

    How is your prop? is it in good shape, no major dings or bends?

    Have you had the ski for a long time and not noticed this before? I would check the pump/venturi bolts to be sure they are all tight.

  5. #5
    ktyamaha36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Winter Haven,FL
    Posts
    303
    Prop looks good. Pump has never been removed since it was new.

    Im working on this for a friend, he had me change the oil/filter/plugs and wanted me to ride it to see what I thought. And I noticed it. He never said anything about it..lol

    I will check all bolts tonight and see if I can find anything!

  6. #6
    supermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    406
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ktyamaha36 View Post
    Prop looks good. Pump has never been removed since it was new.

    Im working on this for a friend, he had me change the oil/filter/plugs and wanted me to ride it to see what I thought. And I noticed it. He never said anything about it..lol

    I will check all bolts tonight and see if I can find anything!

    It could be a normal noise. The honda is pretty quiet and you may be hearing water going through the hull.

  7. #7
    RLACEMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Random Lake WI
    Posts
    884
    +1
    54
    My kawi 15f did the same exact thing at the same speed, sound would disappear while making a turn. I took it to the dealer, I assumed it was the driveshaft bearing or bent driveshaft, turned out to be the alignment of the engine & driveshaft. check motor mount bolts too, cost me alot to find this out.

  8. #8
    JRINJAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jax, Florida
    Posts
    872
    +1
    1
    The Hondas are so quiet that the water hitting the sponsons is a loud vibration and goes away in turns. Sometimes on glass water I can hear the pump intake sucking....

  9. #9
    CelticCrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    62
    +1
    1
    It could just be normal as mentioned. It would be well worth pulling that pump and making sure the impeller moves freely by hand. I checked mine last year and it was rubbing. I also greased the pump. Now I pull it every mid-season since I can now pull the pump out like I'm in pit crew for NASCAR.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. vibration at WOT and off throttle
    By hero in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 06:56 AM
  2. 97' Wave Venture cutting out at 1/2 to WOT.
    By Durronz in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 11:16 AM
  3. surging at 3/4 to wot
    By thehitchmaster in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 07:26 AM
  4. 98 SLxH slow throttle response from half throttle to wot
    By amcsst in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 08:39 PM
  5. 92 SL650 vibration at mid throttle
    By jmorrison in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 10:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •