Supercharger on 2003 reinstalled...what performance is typical?

Hey gang,
    So last night I installed the sc on my 2003 GTX ski after it came back from Jerry. My ski has only 53..(now 54.1) hours on it..I bought it Christmas eve. After reading the forums...I decided to go ahead and get her rebuilt. So today I took off a couple hours early..it was over 85 here in Indiana...and took her to the lake for the first time for a test. HOLY SHIT!

I race a vintage 1959 Bugeye Sprite and have driven some pretty cool cars along the way...but this 185 ski is amazing....I could only imagine the newer larger hp ones!!

SO here is my question...what should I expect? I didn't keep her wide open for a great deal of the time..but I did hit 7800 rpms max and not sure any more were there and the speedo said I was doing almost 60...while that seemed way fast..I thought this model was faster? Just wanting to see my baseline here. The ski is in great shape. I also saw that I show in the computer..direction...trip...rpms..speed..temps... (the lake was 74 and the ex was 81?) and..it showed a 0.0 for depth..does that mean I have a depth gauge and mine is broke?...or can I add one?

Thoughts? Advice from you guys in anything else I should do on her? I did check the oil when I was out on the lake after she was warmed up..it was showing higher than any point in the "c" bend of the dipstick..should I remove some?

Thanks.

+1
    62 +/- 1 mph is typical for a stock good runner.

Thanks Jim...What do you know about the depth gauge? My display shows a depth and it is 0.0...Does that mean I have a gauge but it is not working? Or can I add one to it? How about the oil level on the 2003 as I mentioned? It is above the "c" on the dipstick...seeing what I have read that seems overfilled?

Puts motor oil on his pancakes Hockeydude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velodrome View Post
    Thanks Jim...What do you know about the depth gauge? My display shows a depth and it is 0.0...Does that mean I have a gauge but it is not working? Or can I add one to it? How about the oil level on the 2003 as I mentioned? It is above the "c" on the dipstick...seeing what I have read that seems overfilled?
    Only the GTX Limited came with the depth sounder installed in the hull, but I guess all the GTX's for that year had the same gauges, so it will always read "0". You can buy the sounding unit and install it, but I don't know if anything else in involved to get it to work. I doubt you will be interested since the sensor is $450 The part number is 278001787 and then there is a mounting base for it.

+1
    The oil is a bit high but it does not seem to be affecting your RPM's...

+1
    7800 rpm is too high. its supposed to max at 7650, especially in hotter conditions like you were riding, you should alctually see a bit less than 7650 due to heat soak.
    ideally you want to do speed reading with a GPS, dreamometer is innacurate. i would pull the pump and flip the wear ring around. and also check the impleller. or even better get an aluminum pump and swap in the wear ring and a solas 12/20.
    i bet you are cavitating a bit and thus overrevving on peak rpm's, and losing a bit of speed.
    you can have your dealer reprogram the display to stop flasshing the depth, since you dont have a depth finder installed.
    i had one of these skis, 7650rpm 62 mph on a cool day, 7500 60 on a hot day.
    afte basic mods i was at 67mph and 7550rpm
    jsut stay stock. if you wanna go faster trade up to an X ski, its cheaper than modding.

Thread Information