How to run water through the motor while working on my ski??

I have been searching this forum for what I assume is an easy answer to my question with no luck so I'd figure I'd just post and hopefully one of you PWC geniuses could help me out real quick.

So here's my question: I have undertaken the maintenance on a '97 sl 1050 and since I don't have easy access to a lake or PWC test tank I was wondering how I can run water through the motor so I don't overheat/ cause damage??? is there a fitting I could run a garden hose through it?

(Sorry if this is a re-post but I couldn't find what I was looking for using the search function.)

Help/ advice would be greatly appreciated!

i took this pic from another topic but you can see where a hose comes off the water manifold ,thats where you run the garden hose too.....on my sltx 1050 i bought a brass on/off valve that a hose screws right to it so i dont have to remove the manifold bolt and install the water adapter.....you can do it either way..hope that helps

or you can see on this youtube vid how the hose is connected..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kfaf View Post
    I have been searching this forum for what I assume is an easy answer to my question with no luck so I'd figure I'd just post and hopefully one of you PWC geniuses could help me out real quick.

So here's my question: I have undertaken the maintenance on a '97 sl 1050 and since I don't have easy access to a lake or PWC test tank I was wondering how I can run water through the motor so I don't overheat/ cause damage??? is there a fitting I could run a garden hose through it?

(Sorry if this is a re-post but I couldn't find what I was looking for using the search function.)

Help/ advice would be greatly appreciated!
    While even running the motor with a hose will cool the engine, remember that youre pump bearings are also cooled by the water, dont run it more the 30-40 seconds out of a lake or river ALSO, you want to do this in THIS ORDER, Engine ON, Hose ON, Hose OFF, Engine OFF, if you dont do this you have a good posibility of flooding youre engine.

+1
    I have run these old Polaris's out of the water for nearly an hour without ever damaging the pump bearings, but just to be safe I now have a hose Y, one in the engine, the other going in to pump intake so the pump has cool water running into it. ( don't stick a hose past the intake grate)

Thread Information