Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

05 RXP S/C test ??

Hello.
    Friend of mind has a 05 RXP that she took to the dealer today for routine service. She says they put it on some machine that can test the s/c and they say she needs a rebuild for $650. It has less than 40 hours. She says it was running fine last time she rode it but that was about a year ago. Does the dealer have such a device to test clutch slippage? Thanks.

+1
    NOt sure but she can save some money by buying the rebuild kit here in the forum and send it to Jerry AKA green hulk to have it rebuilt.

+1
    are you shure on the hrs, and there not closer to 100 hrs? and the dealer is saying it should be rebuilt at 100 hrs,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
    Hello.
    Friend of mind has a 05 RXP that she took to the dealer today for routine service. She says they put it on some machine that can test the s/c and they say she needs a rebuild for $650. It has less than 40 hours. She says it was running fine last time she rode it but that was about a year ago. Does the dealer have such a device to test clutch slippage? Thanks.
    A machine huh???This is news to me...I would go back with her and ask to see this machine....

Yes I read about PWC daily and have never heard of something like this. I'm sure on the hours. Hers has sat for a long time. I told her we need to drop it in the water and as long as it can hold 8000 to 8100 rpm it should be ok. Sound resonable?

+1
    if it still has the ceramic clutches they should be replaced before riding

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    if it still has the ceramic clutches they should be replaced before riding

Correct,Have the charger puller,check it out for ceramic clutch washers,if indeed it still has the washers then you need to have them replaced ASAP....IF it does not have ceramics and has been upgraded to the newer metal clutches then i would re-check/set the slip and call it a day...

+1
    I bet the machine was buds, and there saying rebuild cause they dont want to deal with just washers.

Quote Originally Posted by warner0308 View Post
    I bet the machine was buds, and there saying rebuild cause they dont want to deal with just washers.
    Who is Buds lol?

She didn't take it in for S/C work or washers. She took it for a oil change ,and I think she said plugs as well just to make sure its ready to ride since she let it sit in her garage so long. I told her I would have it rebuilt and have updated washers installed regardless if it was running fine to avoid the problems we all know the Ceramic washers have.

+1
    Get on here and get reading. With a little time and patience you can save yourselves allot of cash to help pay for the 8 dollar a gallon gas this summer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information