Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

new to the forum, just got a '12 rxp-x!

hello! new to the forum here and i just took delivery of our new 2012 rxpx today after a long month and a half wait after purchasing at the boat show in Ocean City, MD in feburary. ive been reading around here for the past several months and have learned a lot. a couple more weeks of warm weather til i can finally head out on the water and see what the beast can do compared to our 2 2005 GTI's. id go out now but dont have any cold water gear.

but anyways, did the walk through at the dealer today and i made sure the steering was straight since ive read where many new rxpx owners have said theres was cocked some. i had two techs verify it was straight when i was there and they said they double checked it anyway (highly recommend Short's Marine in Delaware). i also asked about the supercharger washers and they said they now have titanium washers and that the supercharger rebuild intervals are now at 200 hours. they also said a 10 hour service wasnt exactly mandatory, the two techs said they recently got a technical service bulliten from sea doo saying it can wait til 25 hours now, first time ive heard of this. fine by me but i think id like to get the oil and filter changed at 10 hours since alot of engine wear happens when it gets broken in.

also, contacted a graphics company on getting custom matched registration numbers made for the ski. more on that later

i cant wait to see what this thing can Doo . it sure is a sexy ski!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPX12 View Post
    hello! new to the forum here and i just took delivery of our new 2012 rxpx today after a long month and a half wait after purchasing at the boat show in Ocean City, MD in feburary. ive been reading around here for the past several months and have learned a lot. a couple more weeks of warm weather til i can finally head out on the water and see what the beast can do compared to our 2 2005 GTI's. id go out now but dont have any cold water gear.

but anyways, did the walk through at the dealer today and i made sure the steering was straight since ive read where many new rxpx owners have said theres was cocked some. i had two techs verify it was straight when i was there and they said they double checked it anyway (highly recommend Short's Marine in Delaware). i also asked about the supercharger washers and they said they now have titanium washers and that the supercharger rebuild intervals are now at 200 hours. they also said a 10 hour service wasnt exactly mandatory, the two techs said they recently got a technical service bulliten from sea doo saying it can wait til 25 hours now, first time ive heard of this. fine by me but i think id like to get the oil and filter changed at 10 hours since alot of engine wear happens when it gets broken in.

also, contacted a graphics company on getting custom matched registration numbers made for the ski. more on that later

i cant wait to see what this thing can Doo . it sure is a sexy ski!
    Congrats on the new ski! You will love it. Welcome to the Hulk!

+1
    Congrats, welcome. Aboard

+1
    The washers are not Titanium, but yes, the new interval is 200 hours per BRP.....Personally I would still do 100 hours...Not sure if those little bearings can handle 200 hours of HARD use!!!

And the new 200 hours interval on the SC is only if you have the newest version of the clutch washers!! if you have the old gold ones, then it is still 100 hours!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by warner0308 View Post
    Congrats, welcome. Aboard
    +1

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    +1
    Congratulations and welcome to Greenhulk. There is a wealth of knowledge here with some excellent members and you'll be happy you did. I have a 2009 GTX IS 255 Limited and it was the first year with all of the new options. I had some computer issues, as well as a few other members, however we've worked through those. When you decided to have bleeding edge technology, sometimes there are great costs. Good luck and enjoy.

+1
    thanks everyone! excited to learn more about these things and maybe find some people to ride with. the new ski is getting some custom registration numbers put on tomorrow. ill post some pics of it when i get a chance

+1
    Welcome to the board.

+1
    Welcome fellow Marylander, congrats on the sweet purchase

+1
    Welcome and Congrats!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information