2008 GP1300r motor upgrade

Hi guys,
    I have a 2008 GP1300r that i have had for a few years and i am thinking of doing some mods to it. I am looking at the Riva Stage 2 Kit. What are peoples thoughts or recommendations on this upgrade?

Thanks in Advance

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi81 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a 2008 GP1300r that i have had for a few years and i am thinking of doing some mods to it. I am looking at the Riva Stage 2 Kit. What are peoples thoughts or recommendations on this upgrade?

Thanks in Advance

Riva has changed thier stage 2 kit, which includes a different fuel controller and deletes the higher compression head. However, you can still purchase the same head which was/is made by R&D performance products. Enjoy the upgrade, it's a whole different ski!!!

PS: I'd recommend the R&D race filter v. the power filter, as it flow's more. And the HO steering nozzle is a cheap upgrade that makes your ski turn quicker and is metal not plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi81 View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks in Advance
    Dimi, read some of the builds in the projects forum... Tech has come a long way with the addition of R&D`s reflash. and it is the combination of parts installed correctly that makes a well running well performing machine.
    read up, realize what`s going on, and what changes will affect your skis reliability. increasing timing or compression will need higher octane.
    Good luck with the build.
    as far as kits are concerned, you can do better based on what you need by choosing the correct parts to achieve your goal. and checking rpm and adjusting prop pitch if necc when your done is a must...

Thread Information