Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

anybody with candoo in dfw

is there anyone with a candoo in the dfw area that can reset my tps i will gladly pay you for the work. the dealer said they did it when i switched to the rxp ecu, but my idle on the trailer is 2400rpm and in the water its around 2000rpm. i told the dealer about this and they want to take my ski to the lake, i really dont trust them to much let me know if you can help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    is there anyone with a candoo in the dfw area that can reset my tps i will gladly pay you for the work. the dealer said they did it when i switched to the rxp ecu, but my idle on the trailer is 2400rpm and in the water its around 2000rpm. i told the dealer about this and they want to take my ski to the lake, i really dont trust them to much let me know if you can help.
    Might have a boost leak if it has previously been reset. Have you had the charger, IC, manifold, or TB off recently? Does it boost properly and get to full rpm range? If they want to take it to the lake, have them go with you or you go with them if it is that uncomfortable for you. Personally, I would find another dealer and have them reset it if they are refusing without a lake test. Sounds like they want to joy ride a little and I can understand your apprehension. The CanDoo system works on a license basis just like most systems for each individual HIN. The additional license per HIN is $99.00 and the discounts increase with the number you buy. The basic system comes with the ability to tune up to 4 skis unless you buy the unlimited shop version. The dealer normally charges $83 to hook to BUDS. Take it back and tell them you want the TPS reset to 0 and that's it. No more no less. If they still will not do it, find another dealer. Just my .02! Good Luck Bro!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Might have a boost leak if it has previously been reset. Have you had the charger, IC, manifold, or TB off recently? Does it boost properly and get to full rpm range? If they want to take it to the lake, have them go with you or you go with them if it is that uncomfortable for you. Personally, I would find another dealer and have them reset it if they are refusing without a lake test. Sounds like they want to joy ride a little and I can understand your apprehension. The CanDoo system works on a license basis just like most systems for each individual HIN. The additional license per HIN is $99.00 and the discounts increase with the number you buy. The basic system comes with the ability to tune up to 4 skis unless you buy the unlimited shop version. The dealer normally charges $83 to hook to BUDS. Take it back and tell them you want the TPS reset to 0 and that's it. No more no less. If they still will not do it, find another dealer. Just my .02! Good Luck Bro!
    ski runs perfect little over 9psi @ 8150rpm, when they hooked it to buds last year for the ecu i gave them a list that included reset tb to zero. they surely forgot and when i called them the next day the service guy was like huh reset what ? we need to take it to the lake for that. i guess i will try to take it up there and wait for them to do it on the spot, i hate to be that know it all guy that messes with the service people lol.

+1
    throttle body totally closing? i had an issue with the throttle cable had slight tension on it it causing high idle

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    throttle body totally closing? i had an issue with the throttle cable had slight tension on it it causing high idle

sure is i put a riva billet finger throttle on it so i made sure to adjust everything. it was obvious when i started it for the first time back from the dealer, idled perfect installed ecu drove to the dealer and after idle was off. i bit my tounge just so i could ride last season but it bothers the piss out of me. i ride my rxp and it holds nice and steady at 1800rpm i could probably leave it like this but like i said it just bothers me

Sounds like you need a CANDooPro!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDooPro - Dennis View Post
    Sounds like you need a CANDooPro!
    Hey Dennis! Any idea when you might have a Mac platform supported software? It's all I have. It's what I'm waiting on to pick one up. I just don't want to have to go out and buy a $3-400 laptop to run this. Thanks in advance. Oh, I WILL NOT run boot camp. Did that and totally screwed the Mac.

Sorry we will not be supporting Mac, the whole system is built on Dot Net. Pickup a netbook, $199 at costco.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    If i used my personal candoo for your ski i'd have to burn one of my HIN vouchers and thats a $100 to replace,right Dennis?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    If i used my personal candoo for your ski i'd have to burn one of my HIN vouchers and thats a $100 to replace,right Dennis?
    hey michael i would gladly buy you another home vin for 100.00 bucks then to deal with those jack offs at the dealer let me know thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information