Eh Jet skis and repairs

So I signed up with this site so i could see about buying some new jet skis to replace the ones i just purchased last year which went to crap after a few runs. Come to find out i have to have 25 posts before I can post anything there so I guess i can start posting here.

Looking to purchase a pair of jet skis 05+ for under $8k which i know is low balling the price but that is my best option instead of buying 2 brand new ones at 10k a piece with payments for rest of my life. Ones that failed on me are seadoos and curious if i should stick with seadoos or switch to honda, yamaha, or kawasaki? Any suggestions would be great. Just keep posting here till i can post a WTB in the classifieds. Thanks

IMO you should have them repaired what kind of ski's do you have now? I can put engines in them for about 2 grand a piece if you have 787 or 951's and they have a 1 yr warranty.

I personally like Kawi's and Suzu's ( aka Sharks)

+1
    What ski's did you have that broke down on you?

had a 96 and 95 gti gtx, paid 1800 for both and trailer and repairs amount to $2k and not sure if that would fix all the problems. thinking the person before me didn't take care of them at all

have a chance to buy 2001 Seadoo gtx with a new engine for 3500 and a 2002 seadoo gtx rfi for 3500 with new engine and 90 day warranties on both. any suggestions? just passed up a deal on 2004 seadoo rxp and 2007 seadoo gti se with trailer for $10300

If you get (2) 05+ with a trail for under 8k they're hot or have issues which will require another 2k to make right. Good luck on that.

i would stay away from the 951GTX and the RFI ( although the 787RFI is not as bad to diagnose as some say),if you don't know the history of them, or you'll be in the same situation as before but you would be paying alot more for the skis.. IMHO, I don't think that those are good prices for older, unknown(maintenance) skis. get the 95 and 96 repaired. there's plenty of people on here that can help you or even do the repairs for you at a much lesser cost than the dealer. all you have to do is ask. what are they doing or not doing?

Thread Information