Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris Virage, Bogging Down ; (

just got this ski and took it out today for the first time, the engine is cutting out when you hit the throttle almost like it is bogging down....then i noticed it going full speed, then it was having the issue again and not going full speed..when i got back towards the dock it got really bad and it was cutting out like it was almost out of gas, bogging down when hitting gas and barely moving, then it took off again, not full speed though...

thoughts on what this could be, could is be a spark plug issue?

Thanks.

+1
    More info needed, what year? Carb or injected?

Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    More info needed, what year? Carb or injected?
    sorry, 2001 virage tx, fuel injected.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by acemanti View Post
    sorry, 2001 virage tx, fuel injected.
    I cant help with the fuel injected.

Google: polaris pwc knowledge
    Click on: Polaris Fitch Injection

Welcome to the Hulk! As for your issue it could be a few things. Lets start with the basics. Check the fuel pressure. Fuel pressure check is done at the schrader valve tee in the return fuel line. Should be over 20 PSI and stable. The electric fuel pump inside the fuel tank is turned on when the EMM see the engine is cranking or running. A further test is to clamp the fuel line between the schrader valve tee and the fuel tank. Fuel pressure should rise to about 30 PSI with the return line clamped (hose pinch pliers), and return to just over 20 PSI with the clamp removed. If you have bad fuel pressure its likely the regulator has fallen off inside the tank. Its an easy fix. If that turns out good check the injector voltage on the red/white wire going to the injectors. You should get about 20 volts while cranking the engine and once it starts you should get about 45 volts. Do not unplug any of the injectors while performing this test. If both of those check out I would suspect your TPS is bad. Let us know what you get and again welcome.

P.S In 2001 Polaris didn't bother adding the TXI decal to identify it as a fuel injected ski. So, a TX back then could have been either carbed or fuel injected. Cheers.

thanks jack,

i may have to take it to the shop because i have no idea to do what you mentioned...it was weird after going full speed the engine bogged down and i had the throttle fully engaged and it was bogging down badly and barely moving, then all of the sudden it came out of it but never regained full speed.

ps: it is fuel injected.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk! As for your issue it could be a few things. Lets start with the basics. Check the fuel pressure. Fuel pressure check is done at the schrader valve tee in the return fuel line. Should be over 20 PSI and stable. The electric fuel pump inside the fuel tank is turned on when the EMM see the engine is cranking or running. A further test is to clamp the fuel line between the schrader valve tee and the fuel tank. Fuel pressure should rise to about 30 PSI with the return line clamped (hose pinch pliers), and return to just over 20 PSI with the clamp removed. If you have bad fuel pressure its likely the regulator has fallen off inside the tank. Its an easy fix. If that turns out good check the injector voltage on the red/white wire going to the injectors. You should get about 20 volts while cranking the engine and once it starts you should get about 45 volts. Do not unplug any of the injectors while performing this test. If both of those check out I would suspect your TPS is bad. Let us know what you get and again welcome.

P.S In 2001 Polaris didn't bother adding the TXI decal to identify it as a fuel injected ski. So, a TX back then could have been either carbed or fuel injected. Cheers.
    could it be a spark plug issue? the plugs look kinda old...

anyone else? I called the shop and they said its sounds like its fuel related..

Quote Originally Posted by acemanti View Post
    anyone else? I called the shop and they said its sounds like its fuel related..
    Is the fuel good or stale?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information