Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25

    Injector size for Mods

    My buddy has an 06 RXP that's bone stock other than the washer upgrade. He wants to keep the stock I/C add an x-charger,4" air,R&D grate,Riva pro block offs,free flow exhaust and whatever prop he'll end up needing...my question is what size injectors we'll we need for this setup? Stock or 42's?. We're at sea level.....kind of a grey area on the injector size being that he wants to keep the stock I/C . I tried telling him to get an external I/C but he doesn't want to have to monitor afrs or mess with an RRFPR....he just wants to hop on and go...


    thanks,Damon


  2. #2
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,248
    +1
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyoung View Post
    My buddy has an 06 RXP that's bone stock other than the washer upgrade. He wants to keep the stock I/C add an x-charger,4" air,R&D grate,Riva pro block offs,free flow exhaust and whatever prop he'll end up needing...my question is what size injectors we'll we need for this setup? Stock or 42's?. We're at sea level.....kind of a grey area on the injector size being that he wants to keep the stock I/C . I tried telling him to get an external I/C but he doesn't want to have to monitor afrs or mess with an RRFPR....he just wants to hop on and go...


    thanks,Damon
    talk him into buying a wideband. If you wants hop on and go then get a hand held unit. He can dial in the AFR's then take the wideband off and be done, no messing around with a gauge install or gauge pod setup. Its really important to monitor afr's.

  3. #3
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    talk him into buying a wideband. If you wants hop on and go then get a hand held unit. He can dial in the AFR's then take the wideband off and be done, no messing around with a gauge install or gauge pod setup. Its really important to monitor afr's.
    He will have to have a fuel reg also to dial afr in.

  4. #4
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Yeah I told him that he really needed to monitor afr's even if he left the stock I/C in.... I also told him that he's just going to keep adding stuff to the ski anyway because this shit's a disease so just go ahead bite the bullet now and set it up right......I'll try and talk some sense into him....thanks guys

  5. #5
    It is a disease that keeps spreading!!!! No vaccine available yet


  6. #6
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by pandan9 View Post
    It is a disease that keeps spreading!!!! No vaccine available yet

    there's a temporary fix for the disease....MORE SPEED!!!!

  7. #7
    suck my wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sugar Grove IL
    Posts
    2,872
    +1
    12
    Your buddy can run all that you mentioned and an external inner cooler with 42's and no need to check afr's and run rrpr's and all that. That is what a stock X boat runs and you don't need to keep an eye on a stock boat so he'll be just fine, even with the stock 06 ECU he'll be fine. No reason to make things more complicated than need be. Some people get a little carried away with AFR's thinking thats the be all end all of everything and its not, Yes it's nice to know what they are sometimes but in some cases it's just not necessary, this being one of them...............Just my .02

  8. #8
    mac_man_luke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,262
    +1
    22
    Iv measured AFRs with Xcharger and 4" air - its about dead on - certainly wouldn't run an external cooler without rrfpr and wideband.

  9. #9
    suck my wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sugar Grove IL
    Posts
    2,872
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    Iv measured AFRs with Xcharger and 4" air - its about dead on - certainly wouldn't run an external cooler without rrfpr and wideband.
    So a guy with a bone stock Rxp-x that comes stock with an external innercooler and ads a 4" air intake should get a wideband ? A little over kill wouldn't ya say.........

  10. #10
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    So a guy with a bone stock Rxp-x that comes stock with an external innercooler and ads a 4" air intake should get a wideband ? A little over kill wouldn't ya say.........
    The rxp and rxpx ecu's are mapped differently - you can't just chuck on an x charger and external inter cooler with the 42's and call it a stock ski.

    But I agree that the OP could just put the 42's with the setup he listed and he will be good to go, no need to monitor AFR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. !!-Help choosing injector size for a 2012 rxpx.!!!
    By Rt-HemiBoY in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 02:54 PM
  2. injectors for mods
    By 05_RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 08:07 AM
  3. Injector size VS mod; what is my ECU thinking?
    By JBA in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 10:40 PM
  4. what injector size would i need for rude1?
    By jayohentran in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 10:45 AM
  5. anyone in australia for mods
    By timbo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •