Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

My $1075.00 Gpr / Trailer

Well this is where i stand at the moment,,when i purchased this ski off off ebay i gave $3500.00 for the ski and trailer! i knew from conversations that the ski had only 43 hours on it,so i was fairly pleased with the deal,,it was in florida so i made arrangements to go pick it up from N.C. believe it or not the guy had some buisness to do in virginia so he agreed deliver it to my driveway all the way from florida for FREE.!!!!!!!
    he told me the ski had just had some engine work done to it,and recently had a riva stage 2 installed,,( long story but it was mostly protec )he gave me all the reciets and maintenance records,,,that night i was looking through the reciets and to my disbelief this ski had just had a brand new engine and carburaters installed plus all of the extra stuff installed(riva pro series heads,protec turbo pipe,protec intake,ride plate,,in disbelief i called the dealer in florida and asked them if these reciets were correct and they told me that they were very familiar with this ski and told me that yes those were correct reciets and all of these mods were installed at 39 hours, and the bill of sale is for $7155.18 well to make a long story short i have sold everything off of the ski except for the new t/w crank and cases for a grand total of $2475.00 minus that from the original $3500.00 i paid for it and as it stands i now have $1075.00 in all of it, i have a old set of gpr cylinders and head to use for my BB kit,i have figured after all is said and done i should have close to $5500.00 in everything when its complete.
    then after i get done with with the GPR i will be starting on the 1970 mustang, projects,projects,projects!!! does it ever end?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpr 1 001.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	14484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpr 1 002.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	14485   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpr 1 003.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	14486  

+1
    i had a 73 mustang fastback with the magnum 500 rims 351 cleavland 750 bouble pumper roller cams it would fly till i wrapped it around 2 signs telephone and eventually in a creek at about 85 mile hour

My first car was a candy apple red 1970 mustang.I wish I had kept it now in hindsight.You dont see many with that body style anymore and I prefer it to the fastbacks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nater785p View Post
    i had a 73 mustang fastback with the magnum 500 rims 351 cleavland 750 bouble pumper roller cams it would fly till i wrapped it around 2 signs telephone and eventually in a creek at about 85 mile hour

this one has a 351 windsor now but is going to be transformed into a 393 stroker, C4 with 2800 stall,im not going to radical,,but it should make a nice ground pounding cruiser.

Mine had the 302 in it.It was 10 years old when I bought it and had an overheating problem.I kept it almost 4 years but rarely drove it.After a new radiator,head gaskets,water pump,and thermostat the tranny went out,lol.I ended up selling it eventually for $500 like a dumbass.

+1
    when i was about 12 (1975) my brother had a 1970 mustang with a holman/ moody built 351 cleveland,i never got to drive it being only 12 years old he sold it before i got my license, and has had regrets every since,during this past christmas holidays he was here, after dinner i told him i had a car in the garage i wanted him to see,,you should of seen the look on his face when the lights came on.it needs a lot of work but it should!!! its been setting in a barn sine 1996,,i gave $2300.00 for it,i have been looking at this car for years,,it was backed in a barn across the road from where i get my gas,,i cant tell you how many times i have been pumping my gas and look across the road and see it there covered in dust and cardboard boxes,then one day i saw a kid at the barn and asked him who`s mustang that was,,he said its my uncles but its not forsale i said o.k. i understand but would you give him my phone # and tell him to call me if he ever wants to sale it,,he called the very next day and took my offer of $2300.00.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mustang 2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	14487  
    Last edited by jeff007; 01-15-2007 at 11:30 AM.

My first car was a cnady apple red 67 Mustang. Sold it to a guy in N.C. and miss it still. One of only 2 cars i regret selling

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    My first car was a cnady apple red 67 Mustang. Sold it to a guy in N.C. and miss it still. One of only 2 cars i regret selling
    this car is also in N.C.

+1
    the mustang always gets more attention than my GPR,,kinda took me off topic, but what do you guys think of my $1075.00 yamaha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    when i was about 12 (1975) my brother had a 1970 mustang with a holman/ moody built 351 cleveland,i never got to drive it being only 12 years old he sold it before i got my license, and has had regrets every since,during this past christmas holidays he was here, after dinner i told him i had a car in the garage i wanted him to see,,you should of seen the look on his face when the lights came on.it needs a lot of work but it should!!! its been setting in a barn sine 1996,,i gave $2300.00 for it,i have been looking at this car for years,,it was backed in a barn across the road from where i get my gas,,i cant tell you how many times i have been pumping my gas and look across the road and see it there covered in dust and cardboard boxes,then one day i saw a kid at the barn and asked him who`s mustang that was,,he said its my uncles but its not forsale i said o.k. i understand but would you give him my phone # and tell him to call me if he ever wants to sale it,,he called the very next day and took my offer of $2300.00.
    you stole it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information