Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    giguchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI I$land New york
    Posts
    1,683
    +1
    24

    07' 250X Original Battery. still rockin it?

    Hey all,
    Just kinda curious of you 07's out there how many of you Guys/Gals changed out their battery? I am to the best of my Knowledge still using the Original battery(got it used with 11 hrs) It 5 years old now- (still holds a charge) I was thinking of swapping out the battery for a new one. The battery has always been taken care of - sadly this season i never took it out of the ski until a week ago.. The ski was winterized but just forgot to remove the battery. It's been on the tender ever since.. to tell you the truth it's the first season the ski has been out side all winter(normally it's in a storage place but that got to be expensive).

    Those of you that are or have replaced their Batts are you using the direct replacement? or something better?
    Thanks..


  2. #2
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,163
    +1
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    Hey all,
    Just kinda curious of you 07's out there how many of you Guys/Gals changed out their battery? I am to the best of my Knowledge still using the Original battery(got it used with 11 hrs) It 5 years old now- (still holds a charge) I was thinking of swapping out the battery for a new one. The battery has always been taken care of - sadly this season i never took it out of the ski until a week ago.. The ski was winterized but just forgot to remove the battery. It's been on the tender ever since.. to tell you the truth it's the first season the ski has been out side all winter(normally it's in a storage place but that got to be expensive).

    Those of you that are or have replaced their Batts are you using the direct replacement? or something better?
    Thanks..
    money for value you wont beat the OEM spec Yuasa battery

    my 07 is still on the OEM battery the ski came with from factory


    Waz

  3. #3
    SplishSplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Belle River Ont Canada
    Posts
    1,182
    +1
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    money for value you wont beat the OEM spec Yuasa battery

    my 07 is still on the OEM battery the ski came with from factory


    Waz
    Yes you can't beat the stock battery if you take care of it. I have the same battery in mt 2000 Ultra 150 and it's still going strong. Thats 12 YEARS!

    Never had any issue with it and this ski sits for weeks at a time and it takes some cranking to start the old ultras some times.

  4. #4
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    still original battery never been on a tender.... still fires up

  5. #5
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,014
    +1
    285
    I got 9 years out of the OEM battery on my '99 Ultra 150. I use a trickle charger on a timer, charge it 15 minutes per day.

  6. #6
    giguchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI I$land New york
    Posts
    1,683
    +1
    24
    Hey all,
    Thanks for all of the replies! I had no idea that you could get so long out of a battery. I think i got nervous because i did not get the battery on the charger as i normally do.... looking forward to a great season...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago; Loudon,TN
    Posts
    302
    +1
    2
    I wondered the same thing.

    Bought my '07 new in '09 and I asked if the battery was new at that time and they said yes. Thought maybe it sat for 2 years but not the case. The mechanic also said, as many of you had, if you put it on the trickle charge every once in a while when in storage you should get at least 5-6 years.

  8. #8
    Yep we still have the original on our 250x.

    We leave a tender on it also

  9. #9
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    mine just shit out after 5 years..... never on a tender or taken out

  10. #10
    giguchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI I$land New york
    Posts
    1,683
    +1
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    mine just shit out after 5 years..... never on a tender or taken out
    Wow... some folk have all the luck well i have had mine 5 years, like i said last season i tendered it all winter.. i forgot to this past season.. I tendered it for a week installed it and the ski flipped over 2nd try... i think i might replace next season just to be safe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 07 250x Just not working the way its supposed to
    By Waterholics in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM
  2. 07 250x, 12f ands trailer $5800
    By jtskir15f in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 05:58 PM
  3. 07 250X starting my mods questions
    By JimC in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 02:20 PM
  4. Fuel in oil `07 250X
    By KiwiUltra250X in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 09:46 AM
  5. Can I remove the engine (SL 750) with the carbs still on it?
    By Juscruzn in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •