2007 Wake performance issues

Good afternoon! I have a 2007 Wake supercharged with about 35 original hours on it (I bought it new). The past two years it has been sitting on my lift in a dry garage full of fuel with stabil in the fuel. Took it out last weekend and it started right up, but ran terrible for the first 20 minutes or so - missing like a bad plug. Finally it smoothed out at speed, however, would not go above 6320rpm's or 54 mpg on the speedo. I went ahead and ran it almost dry (low fuel light and beeping on the last 20 minutes or so but did not run completely out). I brought it home and today I changed the plugs - plugs looked good - clean, slight brown color and no signs of fouling. However, I put new plugs in. I will fill with fresh premium gas and take back out - however, unsure why the lack of top in rpm's/power unless just the old gas.......

Anyone have any suggestions? Clogged injector? clogged fuel filter (one under the pickup/fuel pump? OR, do you feel fresh gas will do the trick? The ski always ran strong before this issue.

Thanks, Ron

PS: Yes, I know 2 years sitting with old gas even with stabil was not the best - however, I was very ill and unable to use the ski until now.......

Puts motor oil on his pancakes Hockeydude's Avatar
    Stabil is only good for 12 months if I remember correctly and even thats pushing its abilities. 2 years is doubling what its advertised to do. I hope fresh fuel does the trick. Its also pretty rare to foul out a plug in a 4-tec.

UPDATE: New plugs, fresh premium gas - took out to the lake - started right up, no misfires or surging, HOWEVER, still could not go over 6400rpm's/54mph - ran fine otherwise. Any thoughts on what could be my loss of power/top end? I would think fuel filter would surge or miss under load, injector clogged? Is there a ECM issue that needs reset??? THOUGHTS?

Thanks, Ron

Puts motor oil on his pancakes Hockeydude's Avatar
    likely clogged injector or bad electrical connection at the injector. If you can start it up in the water on the trailer or on a hoist try pulling the plug wires and plugging them back in one at a time. If you pull one and it doesn't make any difference to how the engine runs then you know thats the problem cylinder. Check for spark, if it's got it then you know its a fuel issue.

+1
    If your supercharger clutch has the original ceramic washers that could possibly be your problem. Pull the intake hose off of the supercharger at the rear of the motor. If your can spin the impeller freely with your fingers your washers have failed.

Thread Information