Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1

300x how low can you go

After a day of messing around I found myself on the other side of the bay with one bar of fuel and the fuel buzzer going off (so roughly 7 Gallons / 26 litres left)

I had to ride 20 miles (roughly 30 kms) to get back home. I know when you're low you're not really low so I wasn't too worried (but still rather not see an alarm). Anyway, as expected, I got back without running out of fuel (this story would be much more exciting if I had, so sorry).

So I did 20 miles/30 kms on the fuel buzzer!!!!

When I finally filled up I was surprised to see that I only put 18 Gallons/68 Litres of fuel in (I always fill right up to the top, shaking the ski to make sure I get every last drop in). I know the tank is 20.6 Gallons (78 litres) but I probably squeezed somewhere around 21 Gallons (80 litres) or more in.

Ok. I still had about 3 Gallons (12 Litres) left. Without a deep fuel pickup or any other mods, at what level do you actually run out? Has anyone run out, how much fuel did you put in to fill it back up?

Cheers, Mal.

Banned User
    +1
    The ski will cut out with 1 gallon but will re start and run if u go slow it will run completely out with 1/2 gallon in the tank.

+1
    hey mal ive done 60km with the buzzer on in eco mode i ran out at the ramp loading the ski buzzer come on at 90km, put in 80ltrs from empty i have put in 82ltrs, the 78ltrs is measured with air in the top section of the tank.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    If its the same tank as a 250, with a deep fuel pick up, I had ridden it till it would not start back up....was towed about 2 miles....I put 22.1 gallons of fuel back in...and did 85-88 miles..........

If you are jumping around in the waves Mal your warning light may have come on a little bit early. Whenever my warning light came, for me it was always "20 miles left to go". I figured 7 miless @ 3 mpg = 20ish. But there was one time I pulled into a Gas Dock and put 22 gallons in it (yes, the boat was still under it's own power when it got to the dock). I was on a 200 mile run that day; was getting cold, the swells were big, and it was getting late in the day. Plus the longest, roughest, and coldest leg of the ride was still ahead of me (assuming I could get some more gas into the Belly of that Beast). I got to the point I didn't even look at the gas gauge anymore, "what's the point, I make it to the next Marina Gas Dock or I don't".

To this day I do not know how that Ski made it in; after it took 22 gallons. Must have been one useable teaspoon of gas left in it. Moral of this story? If you think it is time to put gas in your 300 it already was! JB

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Hey JB, was that a 300x?

I'm keen to know, it looks like the deep fuel pickup isn't needed for the 300x either. If I can still ride between 1/2-1 Gallon (2-3.5 litres) that leaves a fair distance from when the buzzer goes off (like Corey says).

So I'm guessing you could probably get a safe 30 miles or 50km (ocean ride without needing Eco mode) when the buzzers goes off.

I'm happy with that, that pretty much means wherever I am (where I ride) I''ll be able to make it back to the ramp with ease.

I would have liked to see a fuel gauge more like a car. When it's empty it's pretty much empty. We have roughly 1/4 tank when it shows empty and then have no real indication when it really is empty. At least I know more now.

Thanks guys!

+1
    i think the buzzer is so annoying , even knowing for have so much riding time left you want to get it out of the water

is there a way to change to pick up position of the sensor to delay it a bit?

+1
    just turn the buzzer off no biggy

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    If you are jumping around in the waves Mal your warning light may have come on a little bit early. Whenever my warning light came, for me it was always "20 miles left to go". I figured 7 miless @ 3 mpg = 20ish. But there was one time I pulled into a Gas Dock and put 22 gallons in it (yes, the boat was still under it's own power when it got to the dock). I was on a 200 mile run that day; was getting cold, the swells were big, and it was getting late in the day. Plus the longest, roughest, and coldest leg of the ride was still ahead of me (assuming I could get some more gas into the Belly of that Beast). I got to the point I didn't even look at the gas gauge anymore, "what's the point, I make it to the next Marina Gas Dock or I don't".

To this day I do not know how that Ski made it in; after it took 22 gallons. Must have been one useable teaspoon of gas left in it. Moral of this story? If you think it is time to put gas in your 300 it already was! JB
    I would say yours is the exception JB every 250-60-300 I have seen beeps at the 7 gallon in the tank mark. It can be changed just Bend the rod up a little on the float.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    1/3 = before gauge moves
    2/3 is the gauge to low mark and fuel warning starts
    last 1/3 is reserve

1/3 out 1/3 back 1/3 safety

same for the 07,08,09,10,12 model ultras

I can ride the full 80.5 lt every time

Waz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information