Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    seadoo hx help new to HX

    I decided to " budget" rebuilt a 1996 seadoo HX 718cc Engine which i picked up recently and i have some questions.

    The current Bore on piston is showing 81.90mm >> STD is 82mm ( cylinder is silver ) the cylinder shows no scoring so I want to hone and replace the pistons, do the pistons if ordered in STD actualy have that size ? or is this some weird size ?

    I would like to unhook oil injection and move to premix, I think the systrem can be partialy seperate please explain how best to go about doing this ?

    Thank you for any help


  2. #2
    wow...i thought this is the right pace to ask this stuff ??

  3. #3
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    Id help if I could. you may want to contact members tweeker or mongoose 2 at www.purrperformance.com

    Deleting oil injection can be done by disconnecting the feed/return lines from the tank/engine. next take a longer piece of hose and loop it from the feed side to the return side on the other side of the motor.fill the hose with oil. pull the tank, oil pump and change your oil every year. or you can leave the system as is and pull the oil injection pump and plug that feed line from the tank to the pump. either way you are going to have to install the block off plate where the oil pump was. dont forget to take out the plastic drive shaft on the back side of that pump. you have to pull the mag cover to get it out.

  4. #4
    Joe Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Durham, CT
    Posts
    1,928
    +1
    61
    if the cylinder shows no damage then why replace the pistons?

    also why would you want to remove the oil pump?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    if the cylinder shows no damage then why replace the pistons?

    also why would you want to remove the oil pump?
    I was thinking of removing mine as well.
    Reason why is the #1 reason these motors blow up is due to oil pump failure?

  6. #6
    Joe Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Durham, CT
    Posts
    1,928
    +1
    61
    Wrong. The number one reason why these engines blow is dirty carbs. Seadoo oil pumps rarely fail. Ive never had a doo come in for repair because of a failed oil pump.

  7. #7
    Joe Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Durham, CT
    Posts
    1,928
    +1
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Id help if I could. you may want to contact members tweeker or mongoose 2 at www.purrperformance.com

    Deleting oil injection can be done by disconnecting the feed/return lines from the tank/engine. next take a longer piece of hose and loop it from the feed side to the return side on the other side of the motor.fill the hose with oil. pull the tank, oil pump and change your oil every year. or you can leave the system as is and pull the oil injection pump and plug that feed line from the tank to the pump. either way you are going to have to install the block off plate where the oil pump was. dont forget to take out the plastic drive shaft on the back side of that pump. you have to pull the mag cover to get it out.

    You just gave him instructions on removing a 787 oil pump. This is a 720 .

  8. #8
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    shit...i need to quit drinking and surfing GH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    You just gave him instructions on removing a 787 oil pump. This is a 720 .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 06:28 PM
  2. Need help, new to this
    By dadof2 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 10:03 PM
  3. Help new to PWC and so confused
    By TXFrazier in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 06:23 AM
  4. please help new to this
    By strokethisfordboy09 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 06:47 AM
  5. Help new to kawasaki jet skis and your forum
    By LUMPY in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 08:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •