+1

Kawasaki vs SeaDoo. (Is this a good deal??)

Hey guys. I've never owned a Kawasaki anything ever but was presented with a 2000 Kawasaki JET SKI 1100 STX DI for only $2200. (Looks & sounds great!)

Don't know anything about them cause I've only owned SeaDoo's. Is this a good deal? Anybody have any experience with this machine?

I know this is SeaDoo forum but SeaDoo owners would give me best comparative opinion.

Thanks in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brittrich View Post
    Hey guys. I've never owned a Kawasaki anything ever but was presented with a 2000 Kawasaki JET SKI 1100 STX DI for only $2200. (Looks & sounds great!)

Don't know anything about them cause I've only owned SeaDoo's. Is this a good deal? Anybody have any experience with this machine?

I know this is SeaDoo forum but SeaDoo owners would give me best comparative opinion.

Thanks in advance.
    Not giving you a hard time just giving my honest opinion on getting an honest opinion. I have learned what to ask and who to ask on here over the years.

Now really are you expecting an honest "comparative opinion" asking a sea doo community about you purchasing a Kawasaki? That is like asking an old school nascar fan if you should buy a foreign vehicle. Just as you posted the same question in the Kawasaki section you will have biased and not actually experience opinions. Go to independent jet ski mechanic shops and ask the guy that has been there the longest. He will know what he has worked on the most over the years.

There is only one way to know if it is a good deal. After you buy whatever ski it is you do buy, are you still happy after you use it? If you have no buyer remorse and the seller is satisfied with the selling price also it was a great deal. If it looks and runs good....... DO YOU THINK IT IS A GOOD DEAL? If not negotiate a price that you do think it is a good deal. As far as the ski it doesn't matter if you are buying a sea doo kawasaki, yamahe, polaris, tigershark or whatever else was out there in 2000. You are looking at a 12 year old 2 stroke ski. With your current skis you are very familiar with the older 2 strokes so this may not be an issue for you.
    As far as that particular model of ski, there are a few here where I live and they are still getting ridden so from that alone since I personally have not owned one I would think they were a good ski. The ONLY people that can give you an honest evaluation of that particular model are the people that have ACTUALLY owned one.

+1
    I had a '99 1200 triple.
    Always started, ran great, very fun, comfy seat.
    At high speed the hull doesn't like hitting waves at an angle, difficult to "feel" entering a corner, the comfy seat will rub the hair on the inside of your calves off from gripping while standing.
    Overall, an awesome ski.

I'm going with the more typical: any Seadoo is great and everything else sucks! Ha-ha

Thread Information