Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Throttle body hose popping off - Best clamp?

I had a great day at the lake today, topping out at 75 with the mods below when all of a sudden I lost power and heard a very loud supercharger whine. I looked under the seat and saw that the hose to the throttle body had popped off. It didn't take long to put it back on and everything ran fine after I put it back on, but I want to make sure that it doesn't happen again. Would a t-clamp fix that issue and if so, what size would I need? Is there anything else I might look at that can prevent that from happening again?

Thanks!

Vikesfan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikesfan View Post
    I had a great day at the lake today, topping out at 75 with the mods below when all of a sudden I lost power and heard a very loud supercharger whine. I looked under the seat and saw that the hose to the throttle body had popped off. It didn't take long to put it back on and everything ran fine after I put it back on, but I want to make sure that it doesn't happen again. Would a t-clamp fix that issue and if so, what size would I need? Is there anything else I might look at that can prevent that from happening again?

Thanks!

Vikesfan
    Make sure you clean off any oily residue with some rubbing alcohol on the hose before re installing any clamps... I recommend using AWAB clamps. I would never run T bolt clamps. Thats just my option

+1
    ok Adam, I'll bite..what the hell is an AWAB clamb? Why not t bolt?

+1
    Smooth band clamp...got it. You gotta talk english to us dumb hillbillies..lol. Around here we would use bailin' wire and blue goo

+1
    Clean it real good, then spray the mating sufaces with hairspray.

This tip is brought to you by Tony Manero.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by icdoo View Post
    ok Adam, I'll bite..what the hell is an AWAB clamb? Why not t bolt?

Smooth Band Hose Clamps have no perforations and a smooth inside cover to prolong the life of your hose. AWAB SS Hose clamps are designed to provide high clamping force. They will reliably continue to develop a 360° sealing force around the hose when tightened and can be reused many times thanks to the high quality design.

Features:

Made from 316 Stainless Steel
    Rolled band edges to eliminate the risk of damage to the hose
    The inside of the band is smooth not perforated
    These clamps have excellent shape retention
    Designed to be immune to vibration back off
    Designed to be used in environments with a high risk of corrosion
    Alloy 316 Stainless Steel is an exceptionally corrosion resistant stainless steel alloy with properties that make it ideal for use in corrosive environments.
    Most other 300-series stainless alloys are just Chrome-Nickel alloys, but 316 has 3% Molybdenum added. This added alloying element increases its resistance to crevice corrosion and stress-cracking corrosion, and reduces its ability to be magnetized. 316 stainless is an ideal material for marine, chemical, wastewater, and other harsh environments. The higher cost of the material is more than offset by significantly longer service life and a negligible failure rate.

+1
    These Adam? http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-hose-clamps/=h0b56h We use these on cars that see 45-50 lbs of boost and have never had one pop off...AND you'll never crush a pipe like a tbolt clamp will..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    These Adam? http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-hose-clamps/=h0b56h We use these on cars that see 45-50 lbs of boost and have never had one pop off...AND you'll never crush a pipe like a tbolt clamp will..
    Well since the link didnt work... check out the constant tension clamps... Their Military spec and can torq to 90 in lbs....

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    Well since the link didnt work... check out the constant tension clamps... Their Military spec and can torq to 90 in lbs....
    i have used those before on my cars and didn't have any problems. i prefer t-bolts though. the reason i got one is because NAPA had them and no-one in town had a t-bolt clamp the size i needed.

+1
    So is this the clamp that I would need to get for the throttle body? Would it be smart to change the clamp from the supercharger at the same time?

http://www.twinsrecreation.com/Boat-...n_p_75760.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information