Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation 2011 Rxtx 260 intercooler fail

Seadoo (Australia) may have a wider problem with the intercooler on the 2011 Rxtx-260, we now know that there are another 2 units that have the exact same problem with water leaking from the intercooler and traveling into the throttle body/intake putting cylinders out around the 6000 rpm range. one of the ski's had rusty plugs in cylinder 1, and sticky throttle body. Seadoo are only going to warranty the intercooler not the throttle body. (wonder what happens if it sticks open at WOT) and the wait for replacement is 1-2 months.
    Also have found a dealer that has replaced 2 intercoolers on the same ski and the second factory replacement has failed again.
    has any one else had any problems with this?
    Thanks

+1
    Hmmm....first I've heard of this issue.

Update- I have spoken to other members on OZPWC and there are 6 more intecooler fails on 2011 RxtX and Rxpx ski's. One ski (Rxpx) has hydraulic locked the motor and blown, this is after the dealer had replaced the intecooler under warranty twice. The second fail caused the motor damage.

+1
    I'm assuming the dealer is just replacing them with new 2011 units instead of something like the 2010 and older i/c. I wonder if Seadoo will have any sort of recall or just keep it quiet and gamble on how many will actually fail under warranty

+1
    So I'm assuming this is local(Australia) issue only?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    So I'm assuming this is local(Australia) issue only?
    I highly doubt it. There are only a handful of people with 2011+ 260hp skis that actively post on this forum. A couple of them already swapped out their intercoolers anyway. I just wonder if it is happening only on modified skis (more pressure pushed through them) or stock skis as well. The 2011+ intercoolers are pretty flimsy in comparison to 2010 and older.

most of the ski's that have failed intercoolers are stock and around 12-25 hours old. the link to the OZ PWC site is www.ozpwc.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    I just wonder if it is happening only on modified skis (more pressure pushed through them) or stock skis as well.
    Good point...guess we'll wait to hear more.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    I'm assuming the dealer is just replacing them with new 2011 units instead of something like the 2010 and older i/c. I wonder if Seadoo will have any sort of recall or just keep it quiet and gamble on how many will actually fail under warranty
    If I know Seadoo they'll be counting down the days until the 2011 warranties run dry while hiding under the nearest table.

The I/Cs on the Aussie models wouldn't be any different from the rest, you can bet there will be more issues. Weird not to hear anything about problems until now when the ski has been out for 16 months though... The Hulk is normally the best place to find out about problems like these that affect specific models.

Hey, Im brand new here on this forum and wanted to post.
    I have 2011 RXT-X 260 less than 12 hrs. Nothing but problems so far this year. Make a long sory short, after 3 three visits to dealer is was discovered my ski was not right due to the intercooler failing. According to my dealer I was the first case in our area (not sure if i believe). Was told intercooler had gaping hole from corrosion. I always flush after each use and never tipped over ski. Dealer then called me back saying they starting to see same problem. Also resulted in my ski having water in cylinders. All work was done under warranty and got it back yesterday. In the water today and seemed ok although, rpm were good i think but in sport mode just felt like it didnt have same pull it always did. Was pretty rough out there today so im goin back out tomm to see how she runs.
    -Dealer told me after speaking with Sea Doo they indicated they have started to see issues with this ski's i/c. Frustration doesnt described my mood but i hope all is well now

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information