Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No Fuel to the carbs! Newb needs help!

Hi, Im new the the Polaris world, ive had Sea Doos for the past 2 years now. Anyway I got this '95 SL750 for cheap. It isnt running. I cannot get fuel to the carbs and it seems like these are a little different hen my doos anyway here is what I did so far

I wasnt sure how old the fuel was in the tank so i emptied it and replaced with good gas. After that I tried to crank it over and no luck. so i pulled the line from the in on the fuel valve and blew into the tank and I got bubbles from the gas, then I pulled the out off and blew towards the carbs and i couldnt do it. so I pulled the line in off the carbs and tried again and it was good. so then I hooked the line in back on the carbs and took the return line off the carbs and blew into the out off the fuel valve and I was good. then I found that the hose going from the return to the tank wasnt any good so I replaced that. I also read on here to check the fuel valve cause they go bad and it was ok.

So then I emptied the water seperator thing and then tried to prime the lines by blowing into the return line from the carbs into the tank (with sea doo it works great. And it didnt even fill the seperator. I did seem to have a leak on the reserve fuel filter when I did that. Either way all my lines seem ok and Im still not getting fuel. Any ideas? Do these thigs have fuel pumps in them? or is it the pulse thing like my doos. Any tips would be grreat.

now i gotta go to the hard ware store to get my fuse that hopefully fixes my display!!!

First off I would like to welcome you to the greatest forums around. The problem is probly with the auto cock valve. I will try to get you a pic or diagram of it. All you need to do is bypass it.

It is #4 in the diagram. It is mounted on the air cleaner assymbly next to the fuel pump. Also you can visit http://partsland.com for more diagrams.
    This is where I would start looking.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Rodneyae; 02-18-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Here is what it looks like in real life... These have a high faluire rate. You will also want to upgrade your fuel pump as well. The auto cock valve is the one I am pointing to. The other is the fuel pump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0887.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	773.6 KB 
ID:	14506  

+1
    I dont think the 1995s had the autocock. If you replaced th return line make sure that you swap over the return line restrictor it is installed in the return line aprox 1/2" from where it attaches to the carb. (It is inserted inside the hose) Item #14

hmm that return line restrictor....would that make it so i cant blow through the hose. I didnt know it had one of them and thats how i determined something was wrong with the hose (i couldnt blow through it) Ill take a look at the auto cock thing....i know it had the fuel pump ( i didnt know that was teh fuel pump until now)

As far as the fuse for the MFD, it is a 1/4 amp 250 W right? All the places i went to to find the darn thing didnt have it and questuoned me on why my ski needed a 250V fuse.

Ok sorry for the long wait ive been trying to get out thee but the weather has been cold. So today, I went out and took a look for the autocock like youve mentioned and beerdart was right, I dont have one. I took the fuel pump off and inspected it and everything looked right. I then put everything back together and blew through the return to prime the system (used a hose without the resister thing in it. I found that I have a problem with the reserve in line filter leaking so i will need one of them. For the time being, I disconnected it and put a bolt to seal up the hose. Other then that I got fuel up to the carbs and replaced the return line with the right one with the resister in it and tried to fire it up and nothing. Dumped a little premix in the carbs and it ran til that burned off then nothing. Did that a couple times.

Im at a loss here guys any help would be appreciated.

p.s. on a good note I got my MFD working!!

+1
    I would install a new three outlet fuel pump.

+1
    Welcome.

Well, you've established that's it's a fuel issue.

Did you check to make sure that the pulse line (#8 in Beer's pic) is in fine condition all the way down to the case?

Also, did you check the little filters inside the carbs?

Sounds like the pump ain't pumping. Are you sure the pump is put together correctly?

I would also check/replace the pulse line going to the fuel pump. If one of the hose clamps are loose or if your hos has a crack in it, it will not work the fuel pump. I would strongly suggest a tripple outlet fuel pump like BeerDart said. How old is the gas in the fuel tank? You may also want to siphon out all the old gas and put some fresh in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information