supercharger question

If you split the intake tube in 2 and had one part with the K&N filter and the other part go to a tube that left the hull and had a 4" inch blower fan going into it , do you think it would help any ?

I guess my question is does using a fan help "push" more air into the intak. If the vortec pulls more air and gives more performance would another fan that pushed from the other end allow the SC to pull more air.

I know the SC can out-do a fan but what if you had a fan blowing into part of the intake and then a K&N on the split incase it out-did the fan.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    well on the RXT... my thought has been something like why not mod the seat or mid-hull seat bracket to intake fresh air... and run the directly to the supercharger which is 12" away..

Riva did something like this with the 15-F... they modded the seat and put an air intake DIRECTLY under the seat... if we did that, the air would be traveling hardly any distance, would give it less time to heat up, and would be tons free flowing since the SC could suck as much as it wanted...

hard part would be making this "dummy proof" in regards to water ingestion... if you don't know what i'm tlakin about or can't visualize it, go to rivas site and check the photo of their air intake on the 15F right under the seat, then imagine the location of an RXT seat and the supercharger... it would be PERFECT

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    There's only one way to find out. Give it a try. I do however think people are always trying too hard to force air in when the idea really should be fresher cooler air. I'm trying now to design a way to get the most cool air in and keep water out. When i ride in the ocean i routinely put the whole ski under water. So i gues your riding environment and style have a huge impact on what you can get away with for cool air induction. Not to be stingy with my ideas, i was planning some way to make a scoop(s) that open and work like ram air but can be shut when in rough water. As long as people stay creative anything is possible.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    01xdime... i have some sick sketches on paper for fresh air intakes and cold air and whatnot on our 3-seater platform.... but as you said, i spend a tremendous amount of time in rough stuff and getting the entire ski soaked.. and plus from time to time i like to screw around and dig the ski under water and spin out and do submarines... all which are preventing me from modding my intake for cold air.

you are right tho, the efforts need to be directed towards cold air... i'm seeing 8150 rpms and a 100% stock RXT right now with cooler outside air temps and cooler water temps... if i can find a waterproof way to feed the intake ONLY outside air, i'd do it, but it's very difficult to find a location not prone to water... we'll figure something out sooner or later

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Yeah i hear ya. People would cringe if they saw the stuff i do. Talk about bein out in the ocean with 12 foot breakers a mile off shore and sticking the ski so far underwater the handle bars aren't even visible. Not to mention have you ever stood on one side of your ski all the way to the front of the foot well and turned towards the side you stand on? LOL you just corkscrew into the water. It may sound too complicated but i'm finding a way come hell or high water(no pun intended) to make a cold air kit i can "turn on and off". Oh hell yeah i will make it happen.

on this link
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewt...ght=rxt+season

If you look at my seat intake.jpg and ram air top.jpg

I'm going to have a fan hooked up to the ram air tube and have a seat intake tube pointing toward my K&N filter.

The outerwear will stop water from entering and it should fill my hull with plenty of cool air.

I have a 4" attwood blower blowing out 3 tubes in the rear so that should suck out all the hot air in the back and help with a suction.

I do like shibby's seat idea. I wish I could get ahold of an old seat. They sell for 300 on the parts list (I don't even need the cusion/cover). The way to go would be to drill a hole and use outerwear water filters.

I almost was going to put outerwear water filters on my rear hose design and have the SC hook to it...

Thread Information