01 GPR fuel/oil line replacement help needed

Hey guys, over the winter, I decided to fix up my GPR instead of selling and replacing it. I stripped everything that was bolted off the hull, sanded, fixed as many imprerfections as I could. Then I had a friend paint it gloss black from the water line up. I also replaced the blue fairings with a set of millenium silvers and recovered the seat with a grey/black cover from Blacktips. Also installing new turf.

Next, I wanted to make the ski more reliable, so I decided to replace the fuel/oil lines. I ordered what I thought was enough and the right stuff from mcmaster. The clamps I got for the oil lines dont clamp tight enough...fail. And the Tygon fuel line I got wasnt enough to complete the job. In the process of doing the fuel lines and wanting to make sure I use the Tygon for the most important sections of fuel line. I googled a fuel line diagram and found this:

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts...UEL/parts.html

But, for some reason, 2 lines on that diagram are reversed from how my GP lines are and my ski was unmodified. I have attached a file with a crude drawing of how my actual fuel lines look compared to how that diagram says they should be. The ski ran great for the past 2 seasons and all the lines still had black zip ties on them, so I'm fairly sure noone has ever done any upgrades or mods to it.

Not sure if I route the lines like the diagram or leave them how they were. Please check and advise. Thanks alot!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FUEL.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	268383  

+1
    just look at your carb, the one with the arrow pointing outward goes to the tank, the one with arrow pointing inward connect to the filter.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not used to working on PWC's. This is my first.

I cleaned the top of the carbs off with brake cleaner as best I could, but I simply dont see any arrows, anywhere. The hoses were marked and I replaced them one at a time, so I dont expect them to be wrong, however they do not match the diagram in the link I posted. The ski has ran great for 2 years so I dont expect any issues, but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Also, anything special I need to do before I start it for the first time? Should I pump some gas into the fresh fuel lines or let the motor crank and pull fuel in?

Thanks for the reply.

+1
    they way they were are correct, the diagram is wrong. If you need anything else I am in bensalem also so let me know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zel View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I'm not used to working on PWC's. This is my first.

I cleaned the top of the carbs off with brake cleaner as best I could, but I simply dont see any arrows, anywhere. The hoses were marked and I replaced them one at a time, so I dont expect them to be wrong, however they do not match the diagram in the link I posted. The ski has ran great for 2 years so I dont expect any issues, but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Also, anything special I need to do before I start it for the first time? Should I pump some gas into the fresh fuel lines or let the motor crank and pull fuel in?

Thanks for the reply.
    No arrow? Weird, buy the way just hook it up the way you think is right and crank. The filter should fill up pretty quick, if not the it is the wrong way.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to fire it up by tomorrow night. All the rest of the work will be cosmetic after that.

One other thing I notice, but am not sure of...when I move the throttle lever, I notice a small amount of slack in the cable where it wraps around the wheel on the carbs. Not enough that it could slip off or anything, but when you release the throttle, it seems like the slack doesnt get taken up as fast as it should. Is this an issue? Should it be adjusted, and if so, where? Thanks!

+1
    If you take the line off that goes back to the tank ,and pull a vacuum on it until fuel comes out, it will purge most of the air out and the boat will start quicker. Or, you could take that line off, put it in a 2 litre pop bottle, and then supply air pressure(less than 5psi) to the tank fitting it came off of, that will push fuel thru the system and carbs, and push the air out. Do this until you have only fuel dumping into the bottle. If that bottle was clean, then you can just dump the fuel back into the tank when done. All this assumes you have the fuel selector in the "on" or "reserve" position.

Thanks man. I'll give that a shot!

Thread Information