Thread: Cruising range

Cruising range

Hi guys,

I'm looking for info on the cruising range, so not WOT, of a 2008/9 Ultra LX N/A. Or an estimate etc. So how many miles from a tank.

Much appreciated.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    On a river cruise I recorded an average of 4.6 mpg (over a 167 mile ride) on my 300x. That was cruising around at mostly 5000 rpm with only a couple of short blasts. Most normal rides I'm at around 3.7-4 mpg (when I ride like a crazy).

Using a 300x as the example, if you have 20 Gallons, and say you can access 18 Gallons you'd be safe to go 83 miles. On an NA I reckon you'd get close to 100 miles if not more??

Mal.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. Im kinda set on buying an ultra lx NA, and have just posted in the SeaDoo and Yamaha forums also to work out which has the best range per tank.

+1
    I'd probably worry less about fuel economy, as they are all going to be within 10% of each other anyway. I'd focus more on the conditions you ride in. River, Bays or Ocean. If it's the latter the Ultra is going to be very well suited.

The storage on the Ultra is also massive. I assume if you want range you are probably going to be carrying more than the normal rider?

I don't think you can go too wrong with any NA brand.

Good luck.

Mal.

Yeah Mal, you are right by the looks of it. I have posted in the Sea Doo and Yamaha threads also and the results seem to all be around the 5 MPG area. In answer to your question, it will most likely be ridden in bays and ocean due to buying it to fish off. The more I research the more I lean toward the Ultra LX. Every so often I will read a thread and some one calls it slow and unresponsive and I go into the shame spiral, however for what I want it for I think it will be more than adequate. They are a really great looking ski too, have yet to ride one though. Tell you the truth, I wouldn't know what was good or bad anyway, haha. Its my first ski so I'm none the wiser. Cheers mate.

+1
    This is the same engine that is in the 15F but a little heavier boat you should be getting 5.5-6mpg at full throttle & 7-7.5 if you keep it around 45mph. My 15F gets 6.5 full throttle & 8.5 if I keep it around 50mph.

+1
    Normally skis will get about an hour, max two hours, on a tank at full throttle. At an hour and a half, at full throttle, you'd be less than 4 MPG unless I've done my calculations wrong?? I'm amazed you can get 6.5 at full throttle, that is bloody good!

Quote Originally Posted by Milsy View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for info on the cruising range, so not WOT, of a 2008/9 Ultra LX N/A. Or an estimate etc. So how many miles from a tank.

Much appreciated.
    i have the little brother, the STX 12F 130 hp, smaller [email protected] 40 mph, have gotten ~11 mpg, using a solas 14/21 impeller from the 15F, which is the ultra lx N/A engine

Thread Information