Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Go pro cams..

+1

Go pro cams..

Hey all!
    happy spring time...!!!
    I was wondering... how many of you all use these cameras? I saw a bunch of bikes the other day doing wheelies and all sorts of things and i said to myself i think i'm going to get one for my ski- maybe bow and stern.... is this a waste of money or are they really worth it? I guess if i get a gang together they might be fun... but alot of the time i ride with just one guy.. but he has since passed away over the winter so now it's just me.. those 1080p models are something else...
    just a thought..

Banned User
    +1
    There's a couple threads here on them already but in short yes Gopro hero2 are awesome and the way to go for great vid .

+1
    ya know what.... normally i take a peek around and see if i can find a post or two... this time i just went and started posting.. thanks for the reply.. I already have a camera for stills... but i was thinking for a GP for action... front and rear..
    I'll do some searching.... thanks

+1
    Highly recommend the gopro! I use one for helmet cam during the pwc racing and couldn't ask for anything better. Only thing I must warn is the mounts adhesive tape does fail sometimes so be sure to add a float and tie it off just in case!

+1
    I got one for christmas, and have already used it for snowboarding, car video's, mtn biking, and fully intend on sticking it on the ski. Its waterproof up to 180 FEET after-all!!!

Tethering a float to it is also a great idea.

+1
    Thanks for the replies... i'm looking forward to using this camera... I have a cam for stills but i thought that this might be fun.... whta smost you can record.. i mean time wise.?
    20 minutes or so maybe longer? I assume that it might have something to do with waht quality you are shooting.. sounds like just the thing for a roller coaster... - not me man... although i did see a bobsled looking thing in austria that might need some investigating..

+1
    Depends on the quality you're shooting and what size SD card you have.
    With my 8gig card shooting in 960, I got a solid 2hrs of footage before I filled up the card.

+1
    Twokex is right 2 hours Definetly easy...I run default setting r3 on mine and battery dies before 8gig card even get close to full. I have noticed the high resolution stuff takes a lot longer to upload to sites such as YouTube

+1
    Hey guys...
    i should have realized... the bigger you get the more it will use... I saw some video shot in 1080p and was astonished.... suddenly that 720 aint so hot... I have a pretty fast connection up to the INET and back down... i'm not worry about how long it takes... but it is good to know that too. i'll go shopping this weekend and see what i come up with... I think the PKG for motorsports is what most of you guys use right? I see on the site there are 3 diffrent cams(of the hero model). I think they are the same but the acsessories are geared toward what you goal is.
    thanks.

+1
    I believe there's only 2 diff cameras, Hero and Hero2, but its the mounting accessories that are completely different. I got the helmet mount kit which has 2 diff helmet mounts, which I've used on my snowboarding and mtn biking helmets. I also bought the motorsports suction cup mount separately that I've used for my car. Each mount kit comes with like 4-6 3M double-sided sticky mounts as well that you can basically put anywhere.

Which mount is everyone using on their ski?
    Cuz I used the suction cup to record doing donuts in the snow, so it can def withstand a little moisture, but I'm not so sure about waves of water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information